AIBE (11) 2018: Eligibility, Important Dates, Admit Card, Results
AIBE (11) 2018 is a national level entrance examination which will be organized by the Bar Council of India (BCI). All India Bar Examination will be conducted with the objective of assessing the capability of advocate who want to practice law in India. AIBE will be the qualifying examination to get the “Certificate of Practice” for legal profession. BCI will give the certification to those candidates who will qualify the offline examination of AIBE. The examination will be conducted in around 40 cities in India.
AIBE (11) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, candidates should have checked for the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria of the examination.
- Candidates those who are going to appear for the exam should be an Indian national.
- Candidates either should have passed 3 years LLB or 5 years LLB degree from a BCI recognized law school.
- There will be no need of minimum mark percentage in the qualifying examination to apply for the AIBE examination.
- Those who want to appear for the AIBE, it is must for the law graduates to be enrolled with respective State Bar Council. Candidate must have an advocate enrollment card issued by State Bar Council.
- There will be no prescribed age limit for writing AIBE examination.
- There will be no limit in attempts for AIBE. Candidates can appear for this examination any number of times.
AIBE (11) 2018 Exam Dates
Following table refers to the tentative dates of the AIBE examination.
|Exam process||Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting of online registration of AIBE||3rd week of January 2018|
|Sale of offline registration/application form||3rd week of January 2018|
|Starting of payment through challan||3rd week of January 2018|
|Online registration and offline application form sales closing||4th week of February 2018|
|Last date of payment through challan for online and offline application form||4th week of February 2018|
|Last date for completion of online application form||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date of receiving offline application form at BCI Delhi||1st week of March 2018|
|Publishing of admit cards||3rd week of March 2018|
|Examination date||4th week of March 2018|
AIBE (11) 2018 Registration
For appearing for the examination, candidates have to register the AIBE application form through online or offline mode. Following are main points to be noted at the time of registration.
- Candidates can apply for the AIBE (XI) 2018 examination in online as well as offline mode.
- The registration process for AIBE (11) will start from the 3rd week of January 2018 tentatively.
- Before 1st week of March 2018, candidates have to submit their application form through online or offline mode.
- While registering for AIBE 2018 examination, candidates must have to upload documents such as advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council), enrollment certificate, scanned photograph and signature, category and disability certificate (if applicable).
- The payment of application should be done only through SBI Challan. No other mode of payment will be accepted by the bar council.
- Candidates have to make the payment after 24 hrs of registration.
- Candidates must have to keep the print out of application form for future reference.
- There will be no need of sending any documents to BCI.
AIBE (11) 2018 Registration Fee
After the registration process, candidates have to make the payment. The payment for application varies according to the candidate community. For general community students, the application fee will be Rs. 3500/- and for SC/ST candidates, the application fee will be Rs.2500/- + Rs60/-(Transaction charge). The payment of application fee can only be deposited through bank challan of SBI.
AIBE (11) 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates those who are going to appear for the AIBE (XI) 2018 must be familiar with the exam pattern so that they will get the overview of question paper. The structure of the examination will be as follows:
- The mode of exam will be offline. Candidates have to answer the questions in OMR sheet.
- The question paper will contain multiple type questions (MCQ).
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The examination will be having questions from 20 subjects and it will be divided into category-I and category-II. Each subject of category-I will be having 7 questions while Category-II subjects will be having 23 questions in total. 23-questions of Part-2 will contain questions from at least 5 subjects of Category II.
- The test will be of 2 parts i.e. Part I and Part II. Category I subjects will be added in Part I while category-2 subjects will be added in Part II.
- AIBE will be conducted in 11 different languages of Indiaand candidates will have the choice to take the examination in any one of the languages.
- The exam duration will be 3 hours and 30 minutes. Candidates with 80% or more disability will be given extra time of 20 minutes per hour.
- There will be no negative marking system in the examination. Therefore no marks will be deducted for wrong response.
Following table refers the exam category pattern.
|Category-I (Part-I)||Category-II (Part-II)|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||Administrative Law|
|Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act||Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||Environmental Law|
|Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments||Family Law|
|Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code||Human Rights Law|
|Criminal Procedure||Labour and Industrial Law|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law|
|Evidence||Principles of Taxation Law|
|Jurisprudence||Public International Law|
|Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates|
AIBE (11) 2018 Syllabus
AIBE (11) syllabus 2018 will have the subjects of three-year and five-year LL.B programs as prescribed by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The subjects are as follows:
|Subjects in the exam||Number of Questions|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure)||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Ligitation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Labour + Industrial Law||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law Related to Taxation||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
AIBE (11) 2018 Admit Card
BCI will publish the AIBE (XI) 2018 admit card one or two weeks before the AIBE examination. Admit cards for both online and offline application form will be published on the official website of AIBE. Candidates must have to carry the admit card along with the Photo identity card to the examination hall.
AIBE (11) 2018 Result
AIBE (XI) 2018 result will be released on the official website of AIBE. Candidates can check their result by entering roll number and date of birth in the official website, http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/. The result will only show the qualifying/non-qualifying status of candidates. Candidates those who are qualified will be eligible to get the “Certificate of Practice” in law profession.
Candidates must have to score 40% of total marks to qualify the examination.