AIIMS 2018 is a all India entrance examination conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. AIIMS MBBS exam will be conducted for providing admission to students in the MBBS program offered by AIIMS, New Delhi, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Bhubnaeswar, Patna and Raipur. Admission will be provided to 700 MBBS seats offered by AIIMS institutions. The entrance exam will be organized through CBT (computer based test) in various states.
AIIMS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, candidates must have checked for the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- Indian Citizen, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and Foreign Nationals can apply for this examination.
- The age limit for the examination is 17 years as on the 31st December of the year of admission. Students born on or after 2nd January 2002 will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any government recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects. Candidates those who are appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects which will be 60% for general/OBC and 50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Dates
Following table refers to the tentative dates of the examination process.
|Online registration starting||3rd week of February 2018|
|Last date for online registration process||3rd week of March 2018|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application form||Last week of March 2018|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application||2nd week of April 2018|
|Admit card publishing||1st week of May 2018|
|Exam date||Last week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||2nd week of June 2018|
|First round counseling starting||1st – 2nd week of July 2018|
|Second round counseling starting||1st week of August 2018|
|Third round counseling starting||1st week of September 2018|
|Open counseling starting||Last week of September 2018|
AIIMS Application Form 2018
- Candidates those who wish to appear for this examination can register through online mode
- There will be no offline mode method available for filling the application form.
- Candidates must have to fill the mandatory fields for successful registration.
- Candidates must have to pay the application fee through online mode.
- Candidates need to select the city choices for entrance examination.
- Candidates must have to fill the educational qualification and personal address on top priority.
- Candidates must have to upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impressionin prescribed format.
- After completing the all mandatory steps, click on the final submission button for successful registration.
- Candidates must have to keep the print out the application form for future reference
After the registration process, candidates have to submit the application fee. Without the submission of application fee, no application will be accepted from any candidates.
- The fee payment of application form can be done through online mode only.
- The fee payment can be done by using debit/credit card or net banking.
- The following table refers to the detailed pattern of application fees for various communities.
|General/ OBC : Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers||Rs.1000/-||As applicable|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.800/-||As applicable|
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern
For getting higher marks in the examination candidates must have to refer the exam pattern. Following are the exam pattern points.
- The exam will be organized through computer based test (CBT).
- The duration of the exam will be 3 ½ hours.
- There will two shifts for the exam i.e. First Shift (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and second Shift (3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- The question paper will be having of objective Type questions (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type).
- There will be a total number of 200 questions.
- The medium of question paper will be available in two languages i.e. English & Hindi.
- For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3 mark will be deducted.
|Subjects asked in the examination||No. of Questions asked|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
AIIMS 2018 Seat Reservation
Following table refers to the seat reservation in various AIIMS institutions for Indian Nationals:
|Institution total||Total Seats available||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||72||37||19||11||5|
AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates those who have successfully applied for the exam will be able to get the AIIMS hall ticket.
- Candidates can get their admit card via online mode through the official website.
- The admit card will not be sent by post to any candidate.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall, without producing a valid admit card.
- Admit card will be having details like roll number, exam centre, exam date, time, etc.
AIIMS 2018 Result
- The AIIMS 2018 Result will be published in the second week of June 2018.
- Candidates can check their result through the official website.
- Candidates must have to enter the following details Candidate ID, Password & Security Code to check the result.
- Candidates must have to take the print out of the result for further use.
- A merit list will be declared as per the marks obtained in the entrance examination.
- The AIIMS Rank List will be created separately for various categories.
AIIMS 2018 Cut-Off
Cut-off marks will be the minimum marks which students must have to score in the entrance exam for qualifying to the admission process.
|General Category||50 %|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45 %|
|OPH||Cut-offs of the respective category|
AIIMS 2018 Counseling
- Candidates those who are qualified will be called for the counseling process, according to the merit list.
- The counseling process will be conducted for all seven AIIMS via offline process at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- For the counseling process, candidates must have to appear at the specified time and venue mentioned in the counseling call letter.
- Candidates those who are qualified must have to mark their preferences as per their ranks.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates according to the rank, filled choices and seats availability.
- After seat allotment process, candidates must have to appear at the allotted college to confirm their admission.