All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2018) is organized by the National Law University, Delhi. It is a national level entrance exam which is held once in a year. The exam will be a gateway to get admission in National Law University, Delhi. Candidates will get admission in UG & PG law courses like B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D professional courses through this AILET entrance exam. Through this article, candidates will get the information regarding AILET 2018 & NLU Delhi Admission, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. The official updates and other related notification will be available on the official website http://nludelhi.ac.in/
Before applying for the exam, candidates should have checked the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria for the examination.
For B.A.,L.L.B. (Hons.) Course: Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent from a government recognized board. Candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in qualifying exam. Candidate must be below than 20 years as on 1 July, 2018. Candidates those who are appearing can also apply for the examination.
For LL.M. Course: Candidates must have passed the LL.B. or equivalent degree from a government recognized university. Candidate must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST/PH candidates). Candidates those who are appearing in the final year of LL.B. are also eligible to apply for the examination.
For Ph.D Course: Candidates must hold the master’s degree in Law from a government recognized university. Candidates must have secured 55% marks or its equivalent (50% marks for reserved categories).
AILET 2018 Application Form
Candidates those who are interested to appear for the examination should have filled the application form from the official website. Following are the important points to be noted at the time of exam registration.
- Candidates have to register the AILET 2018 application form themselves first.
- AILET 2018 application form can be filled through online mode from the official website.
- The registration process will be started from the 1st week of January 2018.
- Candidates have to fill all the mandatory details in user registration form.
- Candidates will be informed to fill valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Candidates must have top upload their scanned photograph/signature (between 10KB to 100KB) in JPEG format.
- If the above mentioned things are completed, candidates can submit the application.
AILET 2018 Application Fee
After the submission of application form, candidates have to pay the application fee. The application fee varies according to the candidate community. Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode in the official website of AILET 2018. The application fee will be Rs. 3000/- for general candidates and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates. Candidates those who are of SC/ST (BPL) category are exempted from the application fee. Candidates can make the payment through a payment gateway of net banking/credit card/debit card.
AILET 2018 Important Dates
Following table refers the important dates of AILET 2018 examination.
|Exam Process||Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification date||1st week of January 2018|
|Starting of online application form||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of availability of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of Exam||6th May 2018|
|Announcement of Result (BA.LL.B (Hons.))||3rd week of May 2018|
|Date of issue of admission letter (1st list)||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to deposit the fee (1st list)||2nd week of June 2018|
|Date of spot counseling for vacant seats||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date to submit counselling fee for 1st list||1st week of July 2018|
|Closing date of admission||Last week of July 2018|
|Interview for the selected candidates||Last week of July 2018|
|Result declaration of LL.M.||1st week of July 2018|
|Result declaration of Ph.D||3rd week of July 2018|
AILET 2018 Exam Pattern
For getting higher marks in the examination, candidate should have the knowledge about the exam pattern. Following are hints related to exam pattern.
- The duration of the examination will be of 90 minutes.
- The maximum marks will be 150 for the question paper.
- There will be a Total number of 150 questions in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) while in LL.M. course, there will be 100 MCQ questions and 1 essay type question on law.
- The question paper will be prepared of multiple choice questions.
- For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- There will be no negative marking system in the examination.
The structure of the exam B.A.LL.B (Hons.) is shown below:
|Exam sections||Subjects||Marks||Total Questions|
AILET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for LL.M. will be having Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory. Syllabus for B.A.LL.B (Hons.) consist the subjects like English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, and Civics), Legal Aptitude Reasoning and Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
AILET 2018 Preparation Tips
- Candidates should select best books & study material of best authors/publications.
- Revision will be the key to success, so do revision daily.
- Time management for each subject will help in covering all subjects.
- Refer previous year question papers for better result.
- Candidates should have the proper knowledge about the exam syllabus and exam pattern.
AILET 2018 Admit Card
The AILET 2018 Admit Card will be published by the Delhi University in the 2nd week of April 2018. Candidates can download their admit card through the official website. The admit card will have the examination details such as exam center, exam date & timing, name & roll number, etc. Without valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter in the examination hall.
AILET 2018 Result
Candidates who have appeared in the AILET exam can check up their results through the official website. The AILET 2018 result will be declared in the month of May 2018 for BA. LL.B. and for LL.M. & Ph.D, will be released in the month of July 2018. The admission will be given on the basis of score obtained in the ALIET entrance test.
AILET 2018 Counseling
The counseling process will be organized by the National Law of University, after the announcement of the result. The seats in colleges/university will be allotted on the basis of entrance examination score obtained by the candidate. The counseling process for admission to various seats will be started from the 4th week of June 2018. Candidate must have to bring all the original documents at the time of counseling. Document verification process will be done at the time of counseling.