AMIETE 2018: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Results
Associate Membership of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Test (AMIETE 2018) is a top level exam conducted by the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) in India. It’s recognized by the Central Govt, State Govt, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Ministry of Railways, the Association of Indian University (AIU) and other Institutions in India and abroad for recruitment process. Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) and electronics & Telecom (ET) these are the main 3 streams for AMIETE. AMIETE entrance examination selects the best candidates for admission to their various Under Graduate (UG) courses in engineering.
The AMIETE Entrance Examination will be conducted twice in every year i.e, both in June and December. Candidates must be aware of all facts related to AMIETE examination. Here provides complete details of AMIETE.
AMIETE 2018 Notification
The upcoming notification of AMIETE is available throughout. All notifications will be published in the official web portal. Candidates can continuously monitor to get access to the all the notification updates from the site.
AMIETE 2018 Organizing Authority
The AMIETE Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE). The Entrance Exam date and rules are decided and maintained by the conducting authority in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal. The official web portal is www.iete.org .
AMIETE 2018 Exam Date
Here provides the tentative dates of AMIETE 2018 Entrance Examination. The dates may get changed according to the final decision of the organizing committee. Candidates can get an overall view about the examination.
|Important Events||Exam Dates in June (Tentative)||Exam Dates in December (Tentative)|
|Online application form will be available from||March , 3rd week||September 2018, 2nd week|
|Final date for submitting application form||April 2018, 3rd week||October 2018, 4th week|
|Deadline for the payment of application form with a fine of Rs.1500||May 2018, 2nd week||November 2018, 2nd week|
|Admit card releases on||June 2018, 1st week||December 2018, 1st week|
|AMIETE 2018 entrance exam date||June 2018, 3rd week||December 2018, 3rd week|
|Declaration of AMIETE entrance examination result||September 2018, 4th week||March 2019, 4th week|
A candidate can check for their basic eligibility criteria before applying AMIETE. The basic eligibility criterion is follows; it may change according to the final decision of the conducting authority.
- Candidate passed/ appearing their plus two or equivalent from any of the recognized university with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects can apply for AMIETE.
- Candidates with 3 years of engineering diploma along with relevant work experience are also eligible to appear for AMIETE.
- Those who have been completed/ appearing their higher level of education in the field of Physics/ Mathematics/ Electronics/ Computer Science can apply.
The age limit for candidates in order to apply for AMIETE entrance examination is as follows;
- Candidate’s age should not be less than 16 years.
- For diploma holders, the minimum age required is 18 years.
- There will be age relaxation for Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PwD).
- Candidates within India and Abroad can apply for AMIETE 2018 Examination.
- The registration for AMIETE 2018 examination can be done until in the month of April and October 2018, 3rd
Number of Attends
- The maximum no of attempts that can be done by a candidate is after registration is 10 times in consecutive years.
- All candidates who wish to appear for AMIETE entrance examination must have to take their membership from IETE.
- Candidates, who wish to appear for Examination in June, must have to enrol on or before 28th /29th
- In case of AMIETE examination in December, the enrolment should be done before 31st i.e, candidates have to register themselves first in the official web portal.
- For more information about membership programmes, candidates can visit iete.org .
- Membership can be renewed only once, so that candidate must have to renew their membership before it expires.
AMIETE 2018 Application Form
Application form is the gateway to appear for AMIETE 2018. The application form will be available from the 3rd week of March 2018 or from 3rd week of September 2018 through both online and offline mode. The commencement of application can only be done via both online and offline modes. Eligible candidates can register themselves in order to apply for AMIETE.
- Before applying for AMIETE, candidates must have to check their eligibility. The authority will never let you complete all the admission formalities, unless the candidates meet the basic eligibility.
- Collect the application form for the candidates either online or offline mode
- Online mode:
- Candidates can login to controller’s official web portal form to get access to application form and click on AMIETE link and select the stream.
- A prospectus along with application form appears on the screen.
- Take print out of the application form.
- Offline mode:
- Application form will be available from any of the IETE centres and candidates can collect it.
- After getting application form, fill all the necessary information like personal details (Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Address and etc), educational details (SSLC, Plus Two, Diploma or etc) and etc.
- Affix a recent passport size in the application form.
- Verify whether all the information given is correct. If not, make necessary corrections.
- After verification enclose a demand draft (DD) of Rs 6000/- (require a separate DD of RS 350/- for those candidates, who has been downloaded the application form from the website).
- Send the filled application form along with demand draft, 1 copy of the passport size (similar to photograph which has been used to affix in application form), and other necessary documents to the address specified in the application form.
- Online mode:
The Secretary General, IETE
2, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003
AMIETE 2018 Application Fee
The process of submitting application will be successful, only if the application fee is remitted by the candidate. The application fee can be remitted only by offline mode through Demand Draft (DD). The application fee is non-refundable.
- The application fee for AMIETE 2018 is as follows:
- For Indian Candidates, the fee is INR 6000.
- In case of foreign candidates, fee is US 1000$.
- Reprocessing fee for the correction of mistakes in the submitted application form is INR 500.
- In order to change the stream selected by the candidates, they must have to pay INR 600 as fee.
- For those candidates, who has been collected application form through online mode, must have to make the payment of INR 350.
- Candidates can recount their exam marks, by remitting an amount of INR 200 (US 40$) and the request for recounting must be sent to the IETE office within 30 days after the declaration of result.
AMIETE 2018 Exam Centres
AMIETE 2018 exam will be conducted at various places within India and abroad. Candidate can only choose any of the available centres and it can’t be changed.
The various test centres and code are;
- Ahmadabad (01)
- Bangalore (02)
- Mumbai (03)
- Calcutta (04)
- Chandigarh (05)
- Delhi (06)
- Guwahati (07)
- Hyderabad (08)
- Jaipur (09)
- Kanpur (10)
- Lucknow (11)
- Chennai (12)
- Patna (13)
- Pune (14)
- Vijayawada (15)
- Thiruvananthapuram (16)
- Abu Dhabi (17)
- Kathmandu (19)
- Jabalpur (23)
- Aligarh (24)
- Allahabad (25)
- Dehradun (26)
- Bhubaneswar (27)
- Pilani (30)
- Imphal (31)
- Mysore (33)
- Visakhapattanam (34)
- Jammu (35)
- Bhopal (36)
- Nagpur (37)
- Noida (38)
- Nasik (39)
- Mhow (40)
- Palakkad (41)
- Aurangabad (43)
- Coimbatore (47)
- Ranchi (48)
- Dharwad (49)
- Gwalior (50)
- Raipur (51)
AMIETE 2018 Exam Pattern
The pattern of AMIETE 2018 is as follows; based upon the pattern candidates will get an overall view about the examination.
Mode of Examination: AMIETE entrance examination is conducted through offline mode only (Pen and Paper based test).
Medium of language: All the questions will be asked in English language. No other languages are used.
Type of Questions: The AMIETE 2018 will consist of Subjective type questions.
No of Sections: There will be three sections i.e, Section A and Section B. Each of these sections will consist of 2 parts.
- Section A
- Part I : Includes 6 compulsory subjects
- Part II : Includes 5 compulsory subjects
- Section B
- Part I : 5 compulsory subjects
- Part II : 2 compulsory subjects +2 Electives along with
- Compulsory Project work and Seminar
- A course in Communication Skills & Technical Writing which is compulsory and will not be added to overall CGPA of the candidate.
No of Subjects: There will be total of 23 theory papers and 4 labs.
AMIETE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus varies depending on the paper for which the candidate is applying. A candidate can prepare well for their AMIETE 2018, based on the syllabus. The AMIETE syllabus will mainly based on basic plus two levels such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
AMIETE 2018 Admit Card
Admit card will be available two weeks before the examination date. Candidates can get access to their admit card which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc from the official website of IETE. The admit card will also be send by post to the candidates. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card with them for the exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
AMIETE 2018 Result
The result of AMIETE 2018 conducted in June will be published on 25thSepetember 2018, while for exam in December the result will be available on 25th March 2019. The result will be available in the official web portal and candidates can login their account and click on “AMIETE 2018 Result”, in order to check for result. The candidates who scores greater than the cut-off mark are selected as qualifying student. The qualified candidates can download their rank card from the IETE web site. Those candidates are appeared in the merit list and later on called for counselling process conducted by institutions.
AMIETE 2018 Cut Off
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing committee while declaring the Entrance Exam result. There are many factors, which influence in the final selection of cut-off marks such as difficulty level of the exam, no of students appeared for the exam, no of seats available and etc. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by a candidate, in order to qualify in AMIETE 2018.