AMU 2018: Eligibility, Application, Syllabus, Pattern, Important Dates
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the top universities within India. AMU provides various under Graduate (UG), post Graduate (PG) programmes in Engineering, Medical Science, and Humanities/Commerce. A candidate who wish to seek admission under Aligarh Muslim University in any of the following courses such as MBBS, BDS, PG Diploma, B.Ed, B.Tech, B.Arch, BA LLB, MBA, MBA IB, MCA, MSW, Diploma in Engineering, BA, LLM, C. E. T. (Professional Courses), Diploma in General Nursing, Master of Agribusiness Mgmt, B. S. W, M.Ed, M. F. C./M. T. A, BLI (Sc.), M.A, M.L.I.Sc, M.Sc (Biotechnology), B. Sc, B.Com should need to apply and appear for AMU 2018 Entrance Examination. AMU selects candidates purely based on his/hers performance in AMU 2018. The main centre of the university is located at Aligarh.
The AMU Entrance Examination is conducted in every year by AMU. For MBBS and BDS courses, the seats are allocated based on NEET score. The eligibility criteria for each course are different from one another.
AMU Notification 2018
There are various courses comes under AMU university, so that based on the course stream Aligarh University Conducts exams. The notification for all the exams will be published in the official portal of AMU. Candidates can continuously monitor the upcoming notifications from the site.
- Application form is available from 6th February.
AMU Organizing authority 2018
The AMU Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by AMU, whose main centre is located in the middle of Doab, Aligarh. AMU provides 12 various Streams under them. The Entrance Exam date and rules are decided and maintained by AMU in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal.
AMU 2018 Important Dates
Here provides the tentative dates of AMU 2018 Entrance Examination. The official dates are announced and you could have a look at this.
|Degree to which admission seeks||Deadline for Application submission||Dates(Revised)|
|B.Sc/B.Com , B.A.||March 8, 2018||15th April 2018|
|B.Tech , B.Arch||March 8, 2018||13th May 2018|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/ P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||
March 8, 2018
|27th May 2018|
|B.Ed.||March 8, 2018||28th May 2018|
|B.A.LL.B.||March 8, 2018||28th May 2018|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science)||March 8, 2018||29th April 2018|
|Diploma in Engineering||March 8, 2018||29th April 2018|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce)||March 8, 2018||29th April 2018|
A candidate can check for their basic eligibility criteria before applying for various courses under AMU. The basic eligibility criteria for various courses are as follows:
|Course to which admission Seeks for||Basic Eligibility Criteria|
|B-Tech/ B.Arch|| Plus Two or Equivalent with 50% of aggregate mark from the subject combination PCM along with English.
Candidate who possesses a 3 year diploma in engineering with a minimum of 50% aggregate mark can also apply for this course (Lateral Entry).
|MBA||Candidate requires 3 years bachelor’s degree certificate from any of the recognized university, with a minimum of 55% of aggregate mark.|
|B.Ed.||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate mark can also apply for this course.
They should also posses minimum 50% of mark in intermediate level.
|.B.Sc. (Hons) / B.Com. (Hons.)||Candidate must have a pass in Plus Two with an aggregate mark of 55% from the subject combinations PCM or PBC along with English are eligible to apply.|
|Diploma in Engineering||The candidate who has been completed their Plus Two along with Mathematics, English and Science subject with a minimum of 45% of marks are eligible to apply.|
|B.A.LL.B||Candidate should posses a basic 10+2 level or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks.
The age of the candidate must be less than 22 as per 1st July of 2018.
The maximum age limit for various courses under AMU is as follows;
- Diploma Courses – 21 years
- Graduate Courses – 24 years
- Postgraduate Courses – 27 years
AMU 2018 Application Form
Application form is the gateway to appear for AMU 2018. For each course AMU provides separate application forms. All the application form will be available in the web portal of conducting authority. The application submission can be done via both online and offline mode.
- For online mode:
- Candidates can login to controller’s official web portal form to get access to application form.
- While filling up all the necessary information’s such as personal and educational details, candidate may also need to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photo along with signature (if mandatory).
- After form fill up, the next step is to make payment. The Application Fee will change according to the course, which is selected by the candidate.
- The fee can be paid online by any of these ways, such as:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For offline mode:
- Candidate needs to take a print out of the Application form
- Fill up the application, with all the necessary information’s
- Ensure that all the given information’s are true and then make payment for course which is selected.
- The application fee can be paid as offline by using
- Bank Challan : Through ICICI or Canara Bank Challan
- Bank Demand Draft (DD): DD should be drawn as “Finance Officer” which is payable at Aligarh university
After completing all the process, the application form along with all the necessary documents must be sent to the following address:
Deputy/Asst.Controller, Admission Section AMU, Aligarh
The application fee varies depending on the course for which candidate is trying to seek admission. The application fees are as follows:
|B-Tech & B-Arch||Rs.600/-|
|Master of Agribusiness Management, M.Ed, B.Com , B.Sc. , B.A. , M.Sc Biotechnology, LL.M, BUMS, B.Ed, M.S.W ,MCA||Rs.300/-|
|B-Tech Only, MBA/ MBA (IB), B.A.LL.B||Rs.500/-|
|S.S.S.C (Science) , S.S.S.C (Humanities & Commerce), Diploma in Engineering||Rs.400/-|
AMU Syllabus 2018
The syllabus varies depending on the course to which the candidate is applying for. A candidate can prepare well for their AMU 2018, based on the syllabus.
- For all the under graduate (UG) course, the syllabus will purely based on Plus Two level, along with General Knowledge, Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning etc as decided by the organizing committee.
- For Architecture based courses, the questions can include designing, structuring, hand sketching, drawings, cover designs and etc.
- For post graduate (PG) level, the questions will be based on the main subject in which the course is describing about and from it’s under graduate level also.
AMU 2018 Examination Pattern
- Type of Questions: The AMU consists of Objective type multiple choice questions.
- Medium of language: All the questions will be asked in English language only. No other languages are used.
- No of Questions: No of questions may change according to the subject for which a candidate is appearing for.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted as offline mode, which is based on Pen& paper i.e, Pen and Paper based test (PPBT).
- Duration of Exam: The duration of each exam differs based upon the stream and paper for which the candidate is appearing. For some paper the maximum time of duration is Two hour, likewise there are also some other streams in which the duration of exam is Three hours.
- Maximum Marks: The maximum mark varies depending upon the stream for which the candidate is appearing.
|B.A (Hons.), B.Com (Hons), B.Ed., B.A.LL.B, Diploma in engineering, S.S.S.C (Science Stream), S.S.S.C (Commerce/Humanities Stream)||100|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||200|
AMU Admit card 2018
Admit card will be available two weeks before the examination date. Candidates can get access to their admit card which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc from the official website or web portal of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). Download the application form as it becomes available and affix a passport size photo on it. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card with them for the exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
AMU 2018 Result
The result of AMU 2018 may be published in the month of May/ June 2018. The result will be available in the official web portal or in the notice board of respective colleges under University. The candidates who scores greater than the cut-off mark are selected as qualifying student. Those candidates are appeared in the merit list and later on called for Counseling process conducted by institutions.
AMU Cut-Off Mark 2018
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing committee while declaring the Entrance Exam result. The cut-off marks will be different based on different courses. There are many factors, which influence in the final selection of cut-off marks such as difficulty level of the exam, no of students appeared for the exam, no of seats available and etc. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by a candidate, in order to qualify in AMU 2018.
AMU Counseling 2018
The short listed candidates list will be published in controller’s website or in the notice board of respective institution. The shortlisted candidate must have to appear in the corresponding college for Counseling process, otherwise the candidate will be removed from the list. Sometimes there may also conducts individual written test and personal interview. Based on the overall performance final list is allocated and the seats will be allocated to candidates depending on the no of seats available for that particular course. Candidates should have to carry all the original documents at the time of AMU 2018 Counseling process.