AP PGECET 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
AP PGECET 2018 or Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). It is a state level entrance test through which students get admission in postgraduate engineering, pharmacy and planning courses. AP PGECET exam is usually held in the month of May every year.
AP PGECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For appearing the entrance examination, candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates should be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants must belong to AP state or must be an AP domiciled in order to apply for AP PGECET. Moreover, candidate must fulfill the local/non-local status requirements.
- Candidates must have a B.E/B.Tech to apply for PG engineering courses. For PG pharmacy courses, the prescribed qualification will be B.Pharma studied from a government recognized institution.
- In case of pharmacy courses, the minimum marks required in the qualifying examination will be 55% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category candidates). The minimum marks required to apply for engineering courses will be 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category).
AP PGECET 2018 Application Form
For attending the exam, candidates must have to register for the examination. The registration can be done through online mode only.
- AP PGECET 2018 application form will be published online from the first week of March 2018.
- No offline mode application form will be accepted by the exam conducting authority.
- Candidates must have to submit the application form before the last date. In case of submitting the application form after due date, candidates must have to pay extra charges.
- The payment of application form will be the first step in the registration process.
- Candidates must have to upload scanned photograph (size less than 40 KB) and scanned signature in jpg/ jpeg format.
- After filling the form completely, candidate must have to take a printout of filled-in application for further references.
GATE/ GPAT qualified students are not eligible to apply for AP PGECET 2018. There will be a separate admission process for such candidates.
Application Form Correction
It is not sure that the authority will give the correction period in AP PGECET 2018 application form. Therefore, candidates must have to fill the application form carefully. However if the correction window will open, then the candidates must have to file the request for changes in application form if needed.
AP PGECET 2018 Exam Dates
Following table refers to the exam dates (tentative) announced by the exam conducting authority.
|exam notification||1st week of March 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form without fine||4th week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||4th week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||2nd week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 10000/-||4th week of May 2018|
|Date of downloading the admit card||3rd week of May 2018|
|Date of examination||4th week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Results||2nd week of June 2018|
AP PGECET 2018 Exam Pattern
For getting higher marks in the examination, candidates must have the adequate knowledge in the exam pattern. Following are the exam pattern.
- AP PGECET will be conducted for a total of 14 papers.
- Candidates have to mark their answers in the OMR sheet. The examination will be organized on pen and paper based mode.
- The question paper will be having of 120 questions total.
- There will be only objective type questions which having multiple choice answers.
- The offline test will be of maximum 120 marks.
- The medium of the question paper will be English
- The duration of the AP PGECET examination will be 2 hours.
- For each correct answer, one markwill be awarded.
- There will be no negative marking system in the examination.
AP PGECET 2018 Syllabus
AP PGECET syllabus 2018 for all of its 14 papers will be different. Candidates can follow the syllabus for which they are going to appear the examination. Syllabus for each paper typically consists of the important topics of the qualifying examination.
How to prepare for the exam
Candidates can refer these following points for the better preparation.
- Schedule a proper routine.
- Candidates must have to understand the complete syllabusand exam pattern of the examination.
- Don’t miss the important topics of the examination.
- Candidates can practice previous years question
- In the examination, try to attempt as many questions as possible since there will be no negative marking.
AP PGECET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates those who are eligible can download their AP PGECET 2018 admit card from the 3rd week of May 2018 tentatively from the official website. To download the hall ticket, candidates have to enter their registration number and select the test they have opted in the application form. The admit card must have to be produced at the allotted test center.
AP PGECET 2018 Results
Candidates can know their rank and scores from the official website at the time of declaration of result. Result can be viewed by entering their roll number. The assumed date for the announcement of result will be the 2nd week of June 2018. After few days of result announcement, candidates can be able to download the AP PGECET score card 2018.
AP PGECET 2018 Counseling
Candidates those who will score 25% marks of the total marks will be eligible for participation in AP PGECET counseling procedure 2018. All qualified candidates must have to appear for the document verification round in personally. Before verification of documents/certificates, candidate must have to pay non-refundable fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates).