Assam Polytechnic 2018 (PAT ): Application, Syllabus, Results, Admission
Assam Polytechnic 2018 ( PAT) is organized in state level which is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. This exam will be a gateway to get admission in various Diploma courses offered by the polytechnic colleges of Assam. Assam PAT is organized once in a year. Almost all candidates from different districts will appear for this exam.
Polytechnic institutions which offering diploma courses in various engineering courses:
|Institution||Year of Establishment||Intake|
|1||Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati||1948||285|
|2||Nowgong Polytechnic, Nagaon||1961||170|
|3||Prince of Wales Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jorhat||1927||260|
|4||Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon||1986||120|
|5||Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh||1965||140|
|6||Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar||1960||220|
|7||Girls’ Polytechnic, Guwahati||1964||160|
|8||Residential Girls’ Polytechnic, Golaghat||1987||60|
|9||Diphu Polytechnic, Diphu||2010||60|
|10||Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati||1920||70|
- 1 Assam Polytechnic (PAT 2018) Eligibility Criteria
- 2 Assam Polytechnic Application Form 2018
- 3 Assam Polytechnic 2018 Exam Pattern
- 4 Assam Polytechnic Exam 2018 Syllabus
- 5 Assam Polytechnic 2018 Admit Card
- 6 Preparation Tips
- 7 Assam Polytechnic 2018 Result
- 8 Counseling
Assam Polytechnic (PAT 2018) Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must have to refer the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria vary for different courses offered by the university. Following are the eligibility criteria for various courses.
1. Candidates those who are going to apply must have to be an Indian citizen.
2. Candidates those who are applying must possess the domicile certificate of Assam state.
3. The upper age limit for the exam will be 21 years as on 1 Aug, 2018.
1. Candidates must have to qualify the 10th class exam or its equivalent from a government recognized board.
2. Student must have to qualify the qualifying exam with Mathematics and Science as a compulsory subject.
3. Minimum marks required for appearing for the exam will be 40% for general category students. For SC students, the minimum marks required will be 35%. For ST students, the minimum marks required will be 30%.
Assam Polytechnic Exam 2018 Important Dates
Following table refers to the tentative dates of examination. Candidates can refer the table for their self awareness about the examination.
|Exam process||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online application form starting||3rd week of March 2018|
|Online application closing||3rd week of April 2018|
|Last date to receipt of online application form (along with DTE copy of Bank Challan)||Last week of April 2018|
|Publishing of online admit card||2nd week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of May 2018|
Assam Polytechnic Application Form 2018
For appearing in the entrance exam, candidates have to apply for the exam. Following are the points to be noted at the time of filling the application form.
- The application form will be accepted only if the candidate is having the domicile of Assam state.
- Candidates can apply through online by logging into the official website.
- The online application form filling process will begin from third week of March 2018 and it can be filled till third week of April.
- Candidates must have to keep the printout of the filled application form safe for further process.
Assam Polytechnic Exam 2018 Application Fee
After submitting the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee. Without the payment of application fee, no application form will be accepted.
The application fee will be Rs. 400/- which can be paid through challan in any branch of State Bank of India. The application fee Challan will be generated only after the registration process.
Assam Polytechnic 2018 Exam Pattern
For getting higher marks in the examination, candidates must have to refer the exam pattern. Following are the main points of the exam pattern.
- For Science & Mathematics the question paper will be having of Multiple Choice Questions and for General English & General Knowledge it will be comprised of Objective & Subjective type questions.
- The examination will be organized only in offline mode i.e. pen & paper based mode test.
- The duration of the exam will be about 2 hours.
- There will be a total number of 100 questions asked in the test.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Type of Questions|
|Mathematics & Science||100||Multiple Choice Questions|
Admission Test for Modern Office Management (MOM) will be comprised of subjects such as General Knowledge and English.
Assam Polytechnic Exam 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will be having of the academic syllabus of the qualifying exam (10th or equivalent). It will consist of the subjects like Mathematics & Science and General English & General Knowledge (for MOM).
Assam Polytechnic 2018 Admit Card
The Assam Polytechnic 2018 Admit Card will be published by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). Students can access their hall ticket from the official website online, http://www.dteassam.in/. The admit card will be released on the second week of May 2018.
- Candidates should select best books & study material of best authors/publications.
- Revision will be the key to success, so do revision daily.
- Time management for each subject will help in covering all subjects.
- Refer previous year question papers for better result.
- Candidates should have the proper knowledge about the exam syllabus and exam pattern.
Assam Polytechnic 2018 Result
A separate merit list will be created on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates. Candidates will be able to get their Assam Polytechnic 2018 result from the official website. On the basis of merit list the candidates those who are qualified will be called for the counseling process.
The counseling process for the Assam Polytechnic 2018 will be done only on the merit list prepared. The date of counseling and admission will be informed through the leading local daily newspapers and on the official website. Candidates those who are selected for the counseling process round will be required to present the duly filled Part-B form. The admission will be done on the base of interview.
Documents required at the time of Counseling
- Original copies of Qualifying Exam Mark Sheet
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Sports Certificate (if Applicable)
- Employment Certificate (if applied against quota of Central Government Employee).