BEEE 2018: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Results
Bharat University Engineering Entrance Examination (BEEE 2018) is a top level entrance exam conducted by the Bharat Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER), Bharat University. Bharat University was founded in the year of 1984 as a self financing private Institution at Chennai. BEEE is an all India level Entrance examination. This examination selects the best candidates within India for admission to their various Under Graduate (UG) courses such as B-Tech, B-Tech Lateral Entry, B-Arch and Post Graduate (PG) programmes such as M-Tech, M-Arch, MBA, MCA, and M.Sc. BEEE is mainly carried out through two Phases i.e Phase I and II. In which phase I examination will be in the month of January 2018, while phase II will be held in March or April 2018. The entrance examination will be conducted at various cities within India through online mode i.e, Computer Based Test (CBT) and Offline mode i.e, Pen and Paper Based test (P&P). Candidates can collect their application form, during the month of December 2017.
The Bharat University Engineering Entrance Examination is conducted in every year. Candidates must be aware of all facts related to BEEE examination. Here provides complete details of BEEE 2018 such as application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and etc.
The upcoming notification of BEEE is available throughout. All notifications for admission to various courses will be published in the official web portal of Bharat University. Candidates can continuously monitor to get access to the all the notification updates from the site.
BEEE Organizing Authority
The BEEE Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by Bharat University, Chennai. The Entrance Exam date and rules are decided and maintained by the conducting authority in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal. The official website of Bharat University is https://www.bharathuniv.ac.in/.
BEEE Important Dates 2018
Here provides the tentative dates of BEEE 2018 Entrance Examination. The dates may get changed according to the final decision of the organizing committee. The application form will be available from December 2017, onwards.
|Important Events||Phase I||Phase II|
|BEEE notification releases on||November 2017|
|Application form will be available from||December 2017, 1st week||March 2018, 1st week|
|Last date for submitting application form||January 2018, 2nd week||April 2018, 2nd week|
|BEEE 2018 offline (Pen and Paper Based Test) exam date||January 2018, 3rd week||April 2018, 3rd week|
|BEEE 2018 online (CBT ) exam will held on||———||April 2018, 4th week|
|Result Declaration||February 2018,||May 2018|
|Counselling Process starts on||June 2018||June 2018|
BEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate can check for their basic eligibility criteria before applying BEEE. The basic eligibility criterion is follows:
- Only Indian citizens can apply for BEEE.
- Candidate passed/ appearing their plus two or equivalent from any of the recognized university with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as compulsory subjects are eligible to apply.
- A minimum of 50% mark from PCM subjects as specified as the cut off marks for candidates.
- Candidates with 3 years of engineering diploma with a minimum of 50% marks are also eligible for admission B-Tech courses.
The age limit for candidates in order to apply for BEEE is as follows;
- The candidate age should not exceed 25 years as on July 1st,2018
- There will be age relaxation for Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PwD).
BEEE 2018 Application Form
Application form is the gateway to appear for BEEE. The application form will be available from the 1st week of December 2017 in the official web portal of Bharat Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER). The commencement of application can be done via both online and offline mode.
For Online mode:
- Candidates can login to controller’s official web portal form to get access to application form.
- Before applying for BEEE, candidates must have to check their eligibility. The authority will never let you complete all the admission formalities, unless the candidates meet the basic eligibility.
- Candidates have to register themselves by clicking on the link –“Apply Online”, before filling the application form.
- Then using the information provided at the time of registration process, candidates can log in to their user profile and fill all the details.
- While filling up all the necessary information’s such as personal details, educational details and test centre details, candidate may also need to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photo along with signature (if mandatory).
- After form fill up, the next step is to make payment.
- The fee can be paid online through e-payment by any of these ways, such as:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Otherwise, download the filled application form and the send it along with the Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.500/- in favour of “Bharat University”, Chennai to the university address. Candidates must have to write their name and address on the back side of Demand Draft.
For Offline mode:
- Candidates can collect the application form in person from the University itself by paying an amount of Rs.500/-.
The application fee for BEEE 2018 entrance examination is Rs.500/-. There will be fee concession for Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD) candidates, which will be specified by the conducting authority in the official web portal.
BEEE Exam Pattern
The pattern of BEEE is as follows; based upon the pattern candidates will get an overall view about the examination.
Mode of Examination: BEEE entrance examination is conducted through both online (Computer Based Test –CBT) and offline mode (Pen and Paper based test).
Medium of language: All the questions will be asked in English. No other languages are used.
Type of Questions: The BEEE will consist of Objective type multiple choice questions.
No of Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions for BEEE 2018 entrance examination.
No of Sections: The question paper will be divided into 3 sections, such as;
- Physics (30 Ques.)
- Chemistry (30 Ques.)
- Mathematics (30 Ques.) and
- English (10 Ques.)
Duration of Exam: The duration of BEEE entrance examination is 2.30 hours i.e, 150 minutes in total.
- Offline Examination: From 10 AM to 12.30 PM
- Online Examination : From 2 PM to 4.30 PM
Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer attempted by the candidate.
Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking in BEEE examination.
Maximum Marks: The maximum mark that can be score by a candidate is 100.
BEEE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus varies depending on the paper for which the candidate is applying. A candidate can prepare well for their BEEE, based on the syllabus.
- For engineering (Under Graduate –UG) paper, the syllabus will purely based on Plus Two level syllabus covered by the board, along with General Knowledge, Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning etc as decided by the organizing committee.
- For Mathematics, the questions will cover the areas;
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers
- Quadratic equation
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial theorem and it’s applications
- Limit, Continuity and differentiability
- Sequences and series
- Mathematical Induction
- Integration equation
- Differential Equation
- For Physics, 80% of questions will be from theory part and remaining 20% from practical part;
- Laws of Motion
- Rotational Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Oscillation and waves
- Kinetic theory of Gases
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Electromagnetic waves
- Mutual Induction
- For Chemistry, portions will include;
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- State of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Surface Chemistry
- Redox Reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in properties
- S Block Elements
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals.
- For Architecture based courses, the questions can include questions from Mathematics, General Aptitude questions, and drawing sections.
- For Mathematics, the questions will cover the areas;
BEEE 2018 Admit Card
Admit card will be available two weeks before the Phase I and Phase II examination date. Candidates can get access to their admit card which will contain many essential information such as Candidates Name, Address, Phone Number, Email ID, Exam date, Time, Exam centre, Register Number and etc from the official website or web portal. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card along with any of the valid proof (if necessary) with them for the exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
BEEE Answer Key
BEEE 2018 answer key for all sets will be published in the official web portal during the entrance examination by the organizing authority i.e Bharat Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER). Candidates can check their answers were correct or not, by checking the answer key provided. Candidate can also challenge for corrections in answer key with the conducting authority.
BEEE 2018 Result
The result of BEEE Phase I examination will be published in the month of February 2018, whereas phase II result will be announced by the month of May 2018 tentatively through online mode. Candidates can login in to the official web portal, to check their result. University generates separate score and rank list. The candidates who scores greater than the cut-off mark are considered as qualifying candidates.
BEEE Merit List
The merit list of candidates will be published by the university itself and those qualified candidates are later on called for counselling process based on their rank.
BEEE 2018 Cut Off
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing committee while declaring the Entrance Exam result. The cut-off marks will be different based on the category of the candidates. There are many factors, which influence in the final selection of cut-off marks such as difficulty level of the exam, no of students appeared for the exam, no of seats available and etc. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by a candidate, in order to qualify in BEEE 2018.
BEEE Counselling 2018
The short listed candidates list will be published in controller’s website. On the basis of rank secured in the BEEE entrance examination, candidates will be called for counselling process. The shortlisted candidate must have to appear for counselling process; otherwise the candidate will be removed from the list. The counselling process will start form the 1st week of May 2018. The counselling process will be carried out through online mode. Candidates should have to carry all the original documents for verification at the time of counselling process along with 2 Photostats copies.