Bihar Polytechnic 2018: Application Form, Notifications, Exam patterns, Syllabus
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board conducts a national level entrance examination for admission to various diploma courses in every year. The entrance examination is commonly known as Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Examination. It acts as a gate way for admission to various polytechnic courses under both private and Government polytechnic institutions in Bihar state. Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Application Form, Notifications, Exam patterns, Syllabus, Results are mentioned in this article
The various polytechnic courses offered by the board of Bihar are;
- Para Medical Dental (PMD)
- Para Medical (PM)
- Part – time Polytechnic Engineering (PPE)
- Polytechnic Engineering (PE)
- Polytechnic Non Engineering (PNE)
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Notifications
The notifications of Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Examination will be made available through their official web portal. Candidates can continuously monitor to the web site to get daily updates about application form release, final date for application submission, exam dates, hall ticket availability, and publication of result and etc information.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Organizing authority
The entrance exams are conducted by the state of Bihar namely Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. All the rules and regulations will be generated by the board itself. Candidates are always advised to go through the guidelines provided by the board for any clarification related to entrance exam and admission procedures.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Important Dates
The tentative dates of Bihar Polytechnic Examination are as follows; it may change according to the final decision of the conducting authority.
|Events||Bihar Polytechnic 2018 (Tentative)||Bihar Polytechnic (LE) 2018 (Tentative)|
|The application form will be available from||March 2018||April 2018|
|Final date for submitting application form||April 2018||April 2018|
|Last date for payment of application fee via Challan||April 2018||April 2018|
|Deadline for online application fee payment||April 2018||April 2018|
|Time for editing application form||April 2018||April – May 2018|
|Admit card availability||2 weeks before exam||15 days before exam|
|Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam date||June 2018||May 2018|
|Publication of result||June 2018||June 2018|
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria will be specified by the exam conducting authority, based on that candidates can only apply for Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Examination. The Basic eligibility criteria are;
|Course for which candidate is seeking admission||Basic Eligibility Criteria|
|Polytechnic Engineering (PE)||
|Part – time Polytechnic Engineering (PPE)||
|Para Medical Dental (PMD)||
The age limit for various courses under BCECE Board is as follows;
|PM||Between 17 – 35 years|
|PMD||Between 15-30 years|
|PPE||Never be less than 19 years|
Bihar Polytechnic Application 2018
The candidates can apply for Bihar polytechnic Entrance Examination through online as well as online mode. Before applying for Exam, all candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria provided in the above section.
- The application form will be made available from March 2018 onwards and for LE scheme candidates the application form will get by the month of April 2018.
- Candidates have to enter all the essential inform information via online through the official web site of Bihar board or via offline mode by collecting application forms from the designated places.
- Candidates can also edit their application form by April 2018.
- After filling up the application form candidates have to sent the application form to the following address;
Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E Board, I.A.S Association Building, Near Patna Airport, P.O – B.V. College, Patna – 800014, Bihar
The application fee for various groups under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board is; it may vary according to the category of candidates whom are applying for BCECE Board 2018 Examination.
|No of Groups||General||SC/ ST|
|For 1 Group||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 480/-|
|For 2 Group||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 530/-|
|For 3 Group||Rs. 950/-||Rs. 630/-|
|For 4 Group||Rs. 1150/-||Rs. 750/-|
The application fee can be paid in any of the available form such as online mode or offline mode.
- For offline mode payment can be done via
- Bank Challan
- For online mode payment can be done via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus will be changed according to the diploma course. The syllabus for each course will be;
- For PM course the syllabus will include areas such as;
- General Science (25 Ques.)
- General Knowledge (20 Ques.)
- Hindi (15 Ques.)
- English (15 Ques.)
- Numerical Ability (15 Ques.)
- For PMD course questions will be asked from;
- Chemistry (20 Ques.)
- Physics (20 Ques.)
- Biology (10 Ques.)
- Mathematics (10 Ques.)
- Hindi (10 Ques.)
- English (10 Ques.)
- General Knowledge (10 Ques.)
- For PE & PPE courses questions will be raised from;
- Physics (30 Ques.)
- Chemistry (30 Ques.)
- Mathematics (30 Ques.)
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Examination Pattern
The exam pattern of Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Examination is;
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam is conducted via offline mode i.e, pen and paper based test.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be multiple choice objective type questions.
- No of Questions: There are total of 90 questions.
- Syllabus: It will be changed according to the type of course for which the candidate is applying for.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 5 marks.
- Maximum Marks: The Examination will carry a total of 450 as maximum marks.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Seat Reservation
The reservation of seat varies according to the category of candidates applying for Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Examination. The reservation of seat is given below;
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Admit card
The Admit card will be available from the official web portal of Bihar Board, 2 weeks before the Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Examination. Candidate can download their admit card from the respective web site. Admit card will consists of essential information like Exam Date, Exam Time, Exam Venue, and Register Number of the candidate and etc details. It’s advised to keep it safe till the counselling process. Without admit card, candidates are not permitted to enter into Exam hall.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Result
The Bihar polytechnic Entrance Examination result will be published during the month of June 2018. Candidates can check their result or rank by logging in to the official web portal of BCECE Board http://bceceboard.com . Qualified candidates will be called for counselling process.
Bihar Polytechnic 2018 Admission
Admission process will be carried out, after the publication of result. Qualified candidate can seek admission to desired course within Bihar either under private or under Government Institutions. At the time of admission process all qualified candidates are requested to bring their original documents and certificates.