CUCET 2018: Registration, Eigibility, Syllabus, Important Dates, Results
Central Universities Common Admission Test (CUCET) is a national level exam, conducted by the nine central universities jointly within country, in order to provide admission for the brightest and talented candidates for various under graduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG) and other programmes (Research Programmes). The Entrance Examination is carried out in every year and the main central universities are Haryana, Jharkhand, Jammu, Punjab, Rajasthan, Kashmir, Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. The examinations are carried out during June of every year. Rajasthan is the only university, which provide M-Tech programmes among the other eight. Here more details are given about CUCET 2018, So read this article thoroughly to get more idea about the examination and its application procedures.
CUCET 2018 Notification
The upcoming CUCET 2018 exam notifications are available throughout. Candidate can continuously monitor to their web portal https://www.cucet2017.co.in/ to get to know the actual date of examination and fir their registration process in order to appear for CUCET 2018.
CUCET 2018 Organizing Authority
CUCET 2018 is conducted by nine central universities within the country jointly in every year for admission to various programmes. The Exam date and all other notification will be issued by the conducting authority in their respective web portal, where candidate can get access easily. Each and every rules and regulations are developed and maintained by the authority.
The Tentative dates of CUCET 2018 are provided here. The date may get change according to the final decision of the organizing committee of CUCET 2018.
|Online application form available from||March 2018, 4th week|
|Deadline for online Application submission form||April 2018, 3rd week|
|Final date for Fee payment through Challan||May 2018, 1st week|
|Admit card will be made available from||May 2018, 3rd week|
|CUCET Entrance Exam||June 2018, 1st week|
|Result Announcement||June 2018 , 3rd week|
A candidate must ensure whether he/she is eligible for to apply CUCET 2018. Here gives the complete eligibility criteria for various courses under CUCET.
- For Under Graduate (UG) programmes, Integrated programmes the basic eligibility criteria specified by all the nine universities area pass in Plus Two or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% of marks form PCM subject combination (For reserved category 45% of marks is required).
- For Post Graduate (PG) Programmes a pass in Bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate marks is considered as the minimum eligibility criteria in all universities.
- For PG diploma Programmes in Punjab either a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree is required.
- For D. /M.Phil Programmes a pass in Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% of aggregate mark (50% in case of SC/ ST). While in Haryana for the basic eligibility is considered as M.Phil degree or qualify in UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET or SLET.
CUCET 2018 Application Form
The candidates who wish to appear for CUCET 2018 must have to register their self, by checking their eligibility criteria. The eligible candidates can access CUCET official web portal and click on the new user registration icon.
- Candidate needs to select a valid email id or phone number and password for registration. After completing registration an email will be sent to candidate, that contains the application id, password etc information’s.
- After receiving email, candidates can login into their account by using their user name and password. The fill all necessary information’s such as personal details, educational details etc.
- While filling up all information’s candidate also needs to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photo along with signature, which should be signed using black ink pen on a white paper (size will mention at that time).
- The next step after uploading all necessary documents is fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid either any of the modes i.e, online or offline.
- Online fee payment can be done via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Offline fee payment can be done via;
- Demand Draft (DD)
- Candidates are also advised to keep a copy of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee for CUCET 2018 will vary depending upon the course for which the student is seeking for admission and also depends on the category of students. Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates are exempted from application fee. The fee can be paid either via online or offline.
The application fees of CUCET 2018 are as follows:
|Category||Online Payment||Offline Payment|
||Application fee + Rs.50/- (Bank charges)|
||Application fee + Rs.50/- (Bank charges)|
|PwD||No fee||No fee|
CUCET Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of CUCET 2018 will vary according to courses.
- Under Graduate (UG) courses:
The question paper consists of two sections namely part A & part B. In which part A consists of questions from Language, mathematical aptitude, general awareness and analytical skills subjects/topics. Part B will consist of questions from core subjects.
- Phil. /Ph.D. Research Programmes:
The syllabus for these programmes will consist of topics provided by NET-JRF/UGC-CSIR Examination.
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The CUCET entrance exam is conducted in offline mode.
- Medium of Language: The CUCET 2018 question paper will be asked in English language only, no other languages are used.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking scheme for CUCET 2018. The final decision will be made by the organizing committee.
- Total no of questions: There will be 100 questions in total for CUCET 2018.
- Total Duration of Exam: The total duration of exam is Two hours i.e, 120 minutes in total.
- Question Type: All the questions are of objective type with multiple choices. A candidate can select any of the given choice for a question.
- Sections of Questions: There are two sections for questions namely Part A and Part B.
|Sections||No of Questions|
- Candidate must have to attempt 25 questions in part A
- There will be 5 sets in Part B, each of which consists of 25 questions each.
- A candidate needs to answer any 3 sets from the 5 available set
CUCET 2018 Admit Card
Admit card of students are made available from 3rd week of May 2018 (the dates are tentative) in the official website of conducting authority of CUCET 2018. All the candidate are advised to take a copy of the admit card which will contain the necessary information’s such as Registration Number, Exam date, Exam time, Exam centre and etc information’s. Candidate without admit card are not allowed to enter into the examination hall. Candidates are also requested to carry their id proof’s, in case if it’s necessary for the verification process.
CUCET 2018 Result
After the commencement of CUCET 2018 exam during the first week of June, the result will be published on 3rd week of June in their official web site portal of conducting authority. Candidates can login into the site, to know their CUCET 2018 Entrance Exam rank. Students, who scored more than the cut-off mark decided by CUCET authority, will be considered as qualifying students. Based on the cut-off mark the authority will publish merit rank list of candidates. Then the qualified candidates are called for counselling process later on.
CUCET 2018 Counselling
After publishing result of CUCET 2018, the qualified candidates will be called for counselling process. There will be online allotment and document verification. So that all the candidates need to carry their original certificates and documents, while they are going to appear for counselling. The selected candidate can choose their proffered college and course to seek admission. The seats will be allocated to candidate based on the rank list, no of seats available, no of candidates chosen that particular course and etc.