CUSAT 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Important Dates
Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT) conducts various tests such as Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET), Departmental Admission Test (DAT), other entrance exams, group discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI) for admission into their under graduate (UG), post graduate (PG) and Ph.D. programmes. Candidate with qualifying mark can seek admission in CUSAT respective courses. Courses provided by CUSAT are B-Tech, MSc, MCA, LLB and etc. CUSAT 2018 entrance examination details such as the application,Important dates,eligibility criteria are described in this post.
CUSAT 2018 Notification
The CUSAT 2018 Registration, Exam date, Admit card, Eligibility criteria are will be published by the conducting authority in their web portal www.cusat.ac.in/. Here provides tentative dates of all sections of CUSAT 2018 process.
CUSAT 2018 Organizing Authority
The CUSAT entrance exam is conducted by Cochin University in every year for admission to their various programmes. Every rules and regulations are generated and maintained by conducting authority. Candidates can continuously monitor their official web portal to get access to more information about CUSAT 2018.
The tentative dates of CUSAT 2018 are provided. The dates may get change according to the final decision of conducting committee. Notifications will be made available from January 2018.
|Opening of online application||February 2018|
|Opening for M-Tech/ MBA application form||February 2018, 2nd week|
|Last date to apply with a fine of 100||March 2018, 1st week|
|Deadline for fee payment||March 2018, 3rd week|
|Admit card release||April 2018, from 3rd week|
|CUSAT Exam||April 2018, 4th week|
|Publishing of result||May 2018|
Candidate can check whether they are eligible for CUSAT 2018, by checking the eligibility criteria. The basic eligibility criteria for CUSAT 2018 are as follows.
|B-Tech/ 5 year Integrated MSc. (Photonics)||Candidate must have a pass in Plus Two, with a minimum of 50% together from PCM subjects, and 50% from mathematics individually.|
|B-Tech Marine Engineering||Candidate must have a pass in Plus Two, with a minimum of 60% from PCM subjects and 50% from Mathematics.|
|LL.M||Candidate must have completed their bachelor’s degree in la, with a minimum of 45% of mark.|
|MCA||Candidate with bachelor’s degree or graduate in electronics/ Information Technology (IT)/ Computer applications/ Computer science (CS) with a minimum of 55% aggregate in total are eligible to apply.|
|BBA||Candidate must have a pass in Plus Two with a minimum of 60% aggregate mark (science), 55% for other groups.|
|LL.B/ B.com LL.B||Candidate must have a pass in Plus Two with a minimum of 60% aggregate and 55% for other groups.|
CUSAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply for CUSAT 2018 in order to seek admission to various UG, PG, Ph.D course provided by Cochin University. Candidates can access the official website of CUSAT for registration process.
- Candidates needs to click on the new user registration link and the register for themselves by providing valid email id or phone number along with password.
- After completing registration, candidates can login into their account. Then fill up all the required information’s such as personal and educational. Candidates are also advised to cross check their given information’s before clicking submit button.
- The next step after filling up with details is fee payment. The application fee can be paid via online or offline mode.
Online fee payment can be done by,
- Credit card
- Debit card’
- Net Banking
Offline fee payment can be done by,
- SBI Challan
- Demand Draft (DD)
- Application form of a candidate can submit only after paying the application fee.
- After submitting the application, candidates are advised to take copy of the application submitted for further reference if required.
The application fee may vary depending on the course and category of candidates applying for CUSAT 2018. Fee can be paid either as offline or online. The application fee for various courses under CUSAT is as follows;
|General Candidates/ Ph.D./ M.Phil||Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ ST)|
|For Candidates selecting Dubai as Test centre||Rs.10000/-|
|International candidates||US $100|
|PDF, Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- for SC/ ST)|
CUSAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for one course will be different from another.
- For Under Graduate (UG) course: The questions will be asked from basic Plus Two level i.e, subjects from PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) subjects.
- For Post Graduate (PG) course: The syllabus will consist of questions mainly from its respective core subjects.
- For B-Tech Programmes with Lateral Entry Test (LET): The questions will be asked from all the relevant areas of their intermediate course.
CUSAT 2018 Examination Pattern
The exam pattern of CUSAT entrance exams will be as follows; the no of questions and marking scheme will vary for various courses as per the final decision of conducting authority.
Mode of Exam: The CUSAT CAT exam is conducted in online mode i.e; it will be computer based test.
No of Question:
- For 1st Year degree : There will be 250 questions in total, in which
- 125 questions will be asked from Mathematics only and
- 125 from both physics and chemistry subjects.
- For Lateral Entry Test (LET): There will 200 questions in total, in which
- 50 questions will be asked from each subject English and General Engineering
- 40 questions from each subject engineering graphics and mechanics and
- 20 questions from Mathematics only.
Questions Type: All the questions will be multiple choice objective type questions.
Duration of Exam: The total time allocated for CUSAT exam is Three hours i.e, 180 minutes in total
Marking scheme: For each correct answer attended by the candidate, 3 marks are awarded.
Negative Marking: Each wrong answer will carry a -1 mark. There will be no negative marks for unanswered questions.
Total Marks: For CAT exam 1st year degree course, the total weight age will be 750 in total and for Lateral Entry Test; the total weight age of mark is 600.
CUSAT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for various CUSAT entrance exam will be available on the official web portal. Candidates can download their admit card by login into their account. It will contain information’s such as Register Number of the candidate, Exam date, Exam time, Exam centre and etc details. It’s advised to keep a copy of admit card with candidate while appearing for exam. In case of loss of admit card, candidate are not allowed to enter the examination hall.
CUSAT 2018 Result
The result of Common Admission Test (CAT) will be announced by last week of May 2018. After publishing the result, candidate can check their ranks by entering their application number, date of birth (if mandatory). The candidates with minimum cut-off marks are qualified in CAT examination and they are further taken for admission process.
CUSAT 2018 Counselling
The shortlisted candidates are called for counselling process by the university; they can further apply for their interested course in any of the campuses under Cochin University. The dates for counselling process will be published in the official web portal of CUSAT. At the time of counselling process candidates are advised to keep original certificates and documents for verification. Seats are allocated to candidates based on the seats availability, no of candidates applied for a course and etc. Candidates should appear on date onto the venue as specified by authority.