DAVUET 2018: Application, Important Dates, Admit Card, Results
DEV University Entrance Test (DAVUET) is one of the top universities within India. DAVUET provides admission to various under Graduate (UG) courses in Engineering and Science. A candidate, who wishes to seek admission under DEV University, should have to apply and appear for DAVUET 2018 Entrance Examination. DEV selects best candidates for admission to their various courses purely based on his/hers performance in DAVUET 2018. The main centre of the university is located at Jalandhar, Punjab.
The DAVUET Entrance Examination is conducted in every year by DEV University through offline mode. The eligibility criteria for each course are different from one another.
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Sc (Hons.)
- Physics and
- 1 DAVUET 2018 Notification
- 2 DAVUET 2018 Organizing Authority
- 3 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 DAVUET 2018 Application Form
- 5 DAVUET 2018 Exam Pattern
- 6 DAVUET 2018 Syllabus
- 7 DAVUET 2018 Exam Centres
- 8 DAVUET 2018 Admit Card
- 9 DAVUET Result 2018
- 10 DAVUET 2018 Cut Off
- 11 DAVUET 2018 Counselling
DAVUET 2018 Notification
There are various courses comes under DEV university, so that based on the course stream DEV university Conducts exams. The notification for DAVUET 2018 examination will be published in the official portal of DEV University. Candidates can continuously monitor the upcoming notifications from the official web portal.
DAVUET 2018 Organizing Authority
The DEV University Entrance Test 2018 is conducted by DEV University, whose main centre is located in the Jalandhar, Punjab. DEV University provides various Streams under Engineering. Rules and regulations for the entrance examination will be decided and maintained by the University in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal. The official website of DEV University is www.davuniversity.org.
DAVUET 2018 Important Dates
Here provides the tentative dates of DAVUET 2018 Entrance Examination. The dates may get changed according to the final decision of the organizing committee.
|Application from will be available from (offline mode only)||January 2018, 1st week|
|Final date for submitting the filled application form||April 2018, 3rd week|
|Deadline for the submission of fee||April 2018, 3rd week|
|Admit card releases by||April 2018, 3rd or 4th week|
|DAVUET 2018 Entrance Examination Date||April 2018, 4th week|
|Declaration of DAVUET 2018 examination result||April 2018, 4th week or May 2018, 1st week|
|Counselling process will be start on||May 2018, 3rd week|
Candidates can their basic eligibility criteria before applying for various courses under DEV University. Eligibility criteria will defer according to the type of course for which the candidate is applying. The basic eligibility criteria for various courses are as follows:
|Course to which admission Seeks for||
Basic Eligibility Criteria
B-Tech (All streams) & B.Sc Computer Science
|§ Candidate must have completed their Plus Two or Equivalent with 55% of aggregate mark (50% in case of Scheduled Cast candidates) from the subject combination Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) along with English.
§ Final year Plus two or equivalent appearing candidates can also apply for DAVUET if and only if, they have the proof of passing with minimum cut off mark
|B.Sc ( All streams except Computer Science)||§ Pus two passed or appearing candidate with minimum aggregate mark of i.e,
o 55% for general and other backward category and
o 50% in case of SC
From Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) subject
DAVUET 2018 Age Limit
The age limit is not specified by the official board and candidates can check the web site for daily updates if any.
DAVUET 2018 Application Form
Application form is the gateway to appear for DAVUET 2018. For each course DAVUET provides separate application forms. All the application form will be available in the web portal of conducting authority. The application form submission can be done via both online and offline mode. Application form will be made available during the month January itself.
- For Online mode;
- Candidates can get the application form by logging on to the official web portal of DEV University i.e, www.davuniversity.org .
- Click on the “New Registration link” and ill up the personal details, selection program details and hostel requirement.
- After completing the registration process, each candidate will be provided with application number.
- Candidates can click on the “Proceed” option in order to fill up other information such as Board of education, marks, grade and pass out year and etc.
- During the application fill up process, candidates have to select their examination centre from among 215 centres within India.
- The application fee has to be drawn at the selected exam centre through online or offline mode.
- After submitting the application, candidates are allowed to take print out of the same.
- Affix a passport size photograph in the downloaded application form and also put candidates sign where ever it’s required.
- The Application Fee will change according to the course, which is selected by the candidate.
- For offline mode:
- Candidates are advised to visit the exam centre which are convenient for them, get the application form from the principal by paying the application fee.
- Then Fill up the application form along with Personal, Educational and all other required information.
- Ensure that all the given information’s are true and then affix a passport size photograph on it and put a sign where ever it’s required.
- After completing the application process, candidates have to submit the application form at the selected exam centre only.
- Candidates are advised to read all instructions carefully before applying for DEVUE 2018.
- Take a print out or copy of the application form for future reference if necessary.
- A candidate can only use one application form and incomplete details of the candidates will be lead to rejection of the application form.
- The exam centre opted by the candidate will not change for any circumstances. So be careful while selecting the exam centre.
- The last date for applying for DAVUET 2081 is 3rd week of April 2018.
The application fee for DAVUET 2018 is Rs.200 and the fee can be paid via offline mode only at the selected exam centres only, which is opted by the candidate at the time of registration. The application fees are non- refundable.
- The application fee can be paid as offline by using
- Cash Payment
- Bank Demand Draft (DD)
Both should be drawn in favour of “Principal” followed by candidates respective exam centre opted.
For candidates who has been selected DEV University as their exam centre, only have to pay only Rs.100/- as application fee.
- Post the filled application form to the selected exam centres only.
DAVUET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of DAVUET 2018 is as follows; from here candidates will geta n overall view of DEV University’s entrance exam.
Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted as offline mode, which is based on Pen& paper i.e, Pen and Paper based test (PPBT).
Medium of language: All the questions will be asked in English language only. No other languages are used.
Type of Questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
Sections: The question paper will consists of 4 sections in the respective order i.e,
- Mathematics and
Each of these sections will carry 25 questions each. Candidates need to answer only for their respective subjects sections specified by the authority such as PCB/ PCM/ PCMB.
No of Questions: There will be 100 questions in total for DAVUET 2018.
Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries +1 mark.
Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted by each wrong answer attempted by the candidate.
Maximum Marks: The maximum mark that can be attained by a candidate is 100.
DAVUET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus varies depending on the course to which the candidate is applying for. All the questions will be based on the Basic +1 and +2 levels of CBSE board.
- For B-tech, the questions will be from;
- Chemistry and
- For B.Sc ( All streams except computer science), questions may arise from;
- Chemistry and
Candidates can prepare well for their DAVUET 2018, based on the syllabus.
DAVUET 2018 Exam Centres
There are 215 exam centres in order to appear for DAVUET 2018 entrance examination. The list of all centres and their respective code will be available from Annexure-1. The selected test centre can’t be change under any circumferences.
DAVUET 2018 Admit Card
Admit card will be available two weeks before the examination date, after the completion form application submission process. Candidates can get access to their admit card by post or by hand which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card with them for the exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
If candidates does not receive their admit card before the exam date, they must have to contact their respective exam centres where they has been submitted their application.
DAVUET Result 2018
The result of DAVUET 2018 will be published in tentatively in the month of April/ May 2018. The result will be available in the official web portal www.davuniversity.org or in the notice board of respective exam centres under University. The candidates who scores greater than the cut-off mark are selected as qualifying student. Those candidates are appeared in the merit list and later on called for counselling process conducted by institutions.
DAVUET 2018 Cut Off
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing committee while declaring the Entrance Exam result. The cut-off marks will be different based on different courses. There are many factors, which influence in the final selection of cut-off marks such as difficulty level of the exam, no of students appeared for the exam, no of seats available and etc. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by a candidate, in order to qualify in DAVUET 2018
DAVUET 2018 Counselling
The short listed candidates list will be published in controller’s website or in the notice board. The shortlisted candidate must have to appear for counselling process; otherwise the candidate will be removed from the list.
- The centre for counselling and time will be published in the official web portal and candidates can check for updates.
- Candidates must have to download their counselling selection letter for further reference.
- The time and venue of the counselling process will be specified in the counselling letter.
- All candidates are advised to bring their original certificates at the time of counselling process.
- Based on the performance of candidates in DAVUET 2018 seats will be allocated to particular course.
Documents to bring
Candidates are advised to keep original copy of the following certificates.
- Counselling Selection Letter
- DAVUET 2018 Admit Card
- SSLC Mark List
- Plus Two Mark List r Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Valid Identity Proof
- 3 Passport Size Photograph
- Other necessary documents