Delhi CET 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Important Dates
Delhi Common Entrance Test (DELHI CET 2018) is a state level entrance examination, which provides admission to various streams in diploma in engineering and non – engineering courses (Full Time). The exam is also known as Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Examination. Department of training and Technical education conducts the DELHI CET exam in every year. Candidates can also appear for Delhi Common Entrance Test for admission to one year certificate courses in World Class Skill Centre (WCSC) There is also a facility to enter into the second year of respective diploma courses through Lateral Entry (LE) Scheme.
Delhi CET Notification 2018
The upcoming Delhi CET 2018 Exam notifications are available throughout, so that candidates can browse for more details about the entrance exam such as opening and closing date of application, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus from the official website of Department of training and Technical education.
Delhi CET Conducting Authority 2018
The Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Examination is carried out by the Department of Training and Technical Institution in Delhi. All the rules and regulations will be generated and maintained by the conducting authority itself. Candidates can continuously monitor to their official web portal to get updates.
Delhi CET 2018 Important Dates
The important dates of CET 2018 are as follows; the dates may change according to the final decision of the conducting authority of CET.
|Application form will be available from||March 2018, 3rd week|
|Deadline for submitting the application form||April 2018, 3rd week|
|Final date for remittance of application fee||3rd week of March 2018 to 3rd week of April 2018.|
|Admit card will be made available from||May 2018, 4th week|
|Date of DELHI CET 2018||May 2018, 4th week|
|DELHI CET Result 2018 Announcement||June 2018, 2nd week|
|Commencement of Counseling||June 2018 4th week or July 2018 1st week|
CET 2018 Application Form
The candidates who are interested in applying various courses under the Department of Technical and training institute, Delhi, can fill up the online application form from their respective education portal site or through offline mode. The candidates must be aware of the following factors will fill up the form:
- Application form will be available during the 3rd week of March 2018.
- Candidates can fill up the application form with necessary information such as personal details, educational details and etc.
- During the fill up process candidates needs to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph along with digital signature and thumb impression (if it’s specified).
- Once the application form is submitted, then no corrections can be done.
- Candidates are also advised to take print out of the submitted application form for further procedures if necessary.
CET 2018 Application Fee
The application fee for DELHI CET 2018 is Rs. 400/- along with additional charges of Rs.18/-. The application fee is non – refundable.
The application fee payment can be done through both online and offline mode;
- For online mode candidates can use;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- E – Wallet
- For offline mode can prefer;
- Bank Challan at Cooperation Bank in India.
Eligibility Criteria for CET 2018
Candidates always advised to check their eligibility criteria, before applying for Delhi CET 2018. Here gives the complete eligibility criteria for various courses under DELHI.
|Stream of Admission||Eligibility Criteria|
Pharmacy, Software Testing Assistant in World Class Skill Centre (WCSC – 1 year course)
|Modern Office Practice (Hindi)|
|Engineering/Technology & Occupational Courses||Candidate with 35% of marks from Science, Mathematics and English in their plus two or equivalent.|
|Modern Office Practice (English), one year certificate course in World Class Skill Centre (WCSC)|
|Lateral entry admission in analogous course|
CET 2018 Age Limit
The age limit for the candidates to apply for DELHI CET 2018 will be varied based on the stream for which the candidate is applying for and also based on the category of the candidate. The age limit is as follows;
- For Engineering or Technology course:
- 21 years (General – Boys)
- 23 Years (General – Girls)
- 24 Years (OBC – Boys)
- 26 Years (OBC – Girls)
- 26 Years (SC/ ST/ PwD – Girls)
- 26 Years (SC/ ST/ PwD – Boys)
- For Pharmacy and Software Testing Assistant in World Class Skill Centre (WCSC – 1 year course), Modern Office Practise (Hindi), Modern Office Practise (English) and for Lateral Entry Scheme:
- 24 years (General – Boys)
- 30 Years (General – Girls)
- 30 Years (OBC – Girls)
- 27 Years (OBC – Boys)
- 29 Years (SC/ ST/ PwD – Boys)
- 35 Years (SC/ ST/ PwD – Boys)
CET 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern makes the candidate more aware of how the examination is carried out in every year. The exam pattern of DELHI CET 2018 examination is;
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam is conducted via offline mode i.e, pen and paper based test.
- Medium of Language: Question papers will be asked in both English and Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be multiple choice objective type questions.
- No of Questions: There are total of 150 questions.
- Syllabus: It will be changed according to the type of course for which the candidate is applying for.
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of DELHI CET entrance exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes i.e 150 minutes in total.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer carries +4 Marks each.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Total Marks: The maximum mark for DELHI CET 2018 examination is 600 marks.
CET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus may change according to the stream for which the candidate is applying for. Syllabus oriented study will help every candidate in order to score higher in the Delhi Polytechnic Entrance Examination. The questions will be mainly asked from subjects
- Physics (40 Ques.)
- Chemistry (15 Ques.)
- Biology (15 Ques.)
- Mathematics (50 Ques.)
- English (30 Ques.)
CET 2018 Seat Reservation
The reservation of seat varies according to the category of candidates applying for Delhi CET 2018. The reservation of seat under Delhi University is given below:
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Category (OBC)||27%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||3%|
CET Admit Card 2018
Candidates can get access to their admit card from the official website or web portal of DELHI CET which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Exam Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate, Name of the candidate and etc. Download the admit card in order to appear for exam. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card along with any of the valid identity proof such as vote id card, pan card, adhar card or etc (in case if it’s necessary). Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
CET Result 2018
The result of DELHI CET 2018 will be published during the month of June 2018, 2nd week. All candidates can check their result or rank by enrolling the essential details such as register number, Date of Birth (DoB) and etc. Based on the score, a separate merit list will be published by the conducting authority for further procedures. Score card will be available for qualified candidates and they can download it from the web portal, for further admission procedures.
CET Counseling 2018
The DELHI CET 2018 Counseling process will be start from June 2018 on wards, after the publication of merit list. The process of Counseling is carried our through 4 stages such as registration process, selection of choices, submission of processing fee, allocation of seat for courses and finally completing the enrollment procedures. Once the Counseling process gets over, then the entire qualified candidate will get admission to their desired courses. All the candidates are advised to bring the entire original certificates and documents of the candidates, for further verification. Verification process will be carried out by the institution or Counseling conducting authority itself.