Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2018 is a national level Competitive entrance examination for admission to PG courses of Engineering and Technology all over India. For all graduates who completed the B.Tech program can get admission to the M.Tech or Ph.D courses in various reputed institutions like IITs and IISc in India using the GATE exam score. The examination is conducted every year by seven IITs and an IISc in India. The GATE exam is not only useful for acquiring admission in top rated colleges but also useful for getting into several government and private organization which are in technical sectors. The GATE score has been announced as a criterion for recruiting candidates into several technical fields. The GATE 2018 notification and important dates will be announced in the month of July 2017 in the official website. Meanwhile you can check here the complete important details about the GATE 2018 entrance examination. If you are about to appear for the next year’s exam you can about gate 2019 exam.
- 1 What’s New in GATE 2018?
- 2 GATE 2018 Notification
- 3 GATE 2018 Organizing Institute
- 4 GATE 2018 Exam Dates
- 5 GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 6 GATE 2018 Age Limit
- 7 GATE 2018 Application Form
- 8 GATE 2018 Application Fee
- 9 GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
- 10 GATE 2018 Syllabus
- 11 GATE 2018 Paper Codes
- 12 GATE 2018 Exam Centres
- 13 GATE 2018 Admit Card
- 14 GATE 2018 Answer Key
- 15 GATE 2018 Result
- 16 GATE 2018 Score Card
- 17 GATE 2018 Cut Off
- 18 GATE 2018 Counselling Process
- 19 GATE 2018 Admission Details
- 20 GATE 2018 Zonal Centres
- 21 GATE 2018 Official Website
What’s New in GATE 2018?
Well, that’s a common question among the gate aspirants. What will be the changes and the effects of these changes? This year the authority has made a few changes in the examination and they are as follows.
- Candidates can now choose the exam centre second choice in any city in India, unlike the previous years where the same was restricted to the zone of first option city.
- From this year on wards candidates have to upload their thumb impression at the time of application.
- Those candidates who completed the qualifying degree in the year 2016 or earlier, should have to upload scanned copy of the degree completion certificate or final semester/ year mark sheet.
GATE 2018 Notification
GATE 2018 Notification Released.
The GATE 2018 Notification is released on 6th July 2017 and the exam dates, application details, procedure, etc. are also now available from the official website of the organizing institute (IIT Guwahati).
GATE 2018 Organizing Institute
The GATE 2018 organizing institute is IIT Guwahati. The official confirmation is now available from IIT Guwahati (http://iitg.ac.in/gate/) and if you want to receive latest updates regarding the GATE 2018 examination, you can subscribe to our email newsletter so that each and every update will be delivered straight to your inbox. It is really important to get updated with the official news and updates.
GATE 2018 Exam Dates
The GATE 2018 exam dates and other details regarding the same will be out while releasing the official exam notification. Still you can check the tentative dates below.
Check GATE 2018 Important Dates below:
|Commencement of Online Registration||1st September 2017|
|Last Date of Application Submission||5th October 2017|
|Corrections in Application||Second week of October 2017|
|Last date for request for Change of Examination City||17th November 2017|
|Admit card Download||5th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th February 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Answer Key Publication||Within a week after exam date|
|GATE 2018 Result Date||17th March 2018|
|Score card Downloading||Last week of March 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling||Second week of April 2018|
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to appear for the GATE 218 examination there are some criteria that should be satisfied by the candidates.
Here is the complete list of Eligibility criteria for the Candidates:
|Eligible Qualifying Degree||Description||Status of Qualifying Degree||Year of qualifying|
|B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||4 years B.Tech (after 10+2)in any branch or 3 Years B.Tech after B.Sc. or Diploma in Engineering/ Technology.||Currently pursing final year or Completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5 Years completed. Final year candidates can also apply.||Currently pursing final year or completed||2018|
|B.S./ B. Sc. Research||4 Years course completed after 10+2 or Diploma||Currently pursing final year or Completed||2018|
|M.C.A/ M.A./ M. Sc.||Degree in Mathematics/ Science/ Computer Applications/ Statistics||Currently pursing final year or Completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc.) (Four year programme)||4 Years course completed||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Integrated M.E./M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree (Engineering/ Technology)||5 Years Integrated M.E./M.Tech course or Dual Degree (Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the 4th/ 5th year or completed||2019|
|Integrated M. Sc/Integrated B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M. Sc or Integrated 5 year B.S.-M.S.||Currently pursing final year or Completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech)||B.E./ B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of professional societies recognized by UPSC /AICTE/ MHRD||Completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses||N/A|
GATE 2018 Age Limit
In fact, there is absolutely no upper age limit for appearing the GATE entrance examination. But the candidates must have completed the Bachelor’s degree.
GATE 2018 Application Form
Here is the step-by-step procedure to register for GATE 2018 Examination.
- First of all you have to register by providing a valid email address and a mobile number with a password.
- After successful registration, you will have to login using the GOAPS credentials (Enrollment ID and Password).
- Now fill up the application form. You have to upload you photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate and category certificate (if applicable), medical certificate in case of PwD candidates. Final year students can upload the third year (fifth/sixth semester) mark sheet.
- After completing the above steps you will have to pay the application fees. The detailed category/ reservation wise application fee details are provided below table.
- Payment can be done though internet banking or e-challan.
- Once done all these, download and take a print out of the GATE 2018 application form for future reference.
*International Candidates Must Possess a valid Passport to apply for the examination.
GATE Statistics from Previous Years
|Year||Total Applicants||Total Appeared||No. of Candidates Qualified|
GATE 2018 Application Fee
|General Candidates||₹ 1500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates||₹ 750/-|
|Woman Candidates||₹ 750/-|
|International Candidates||US$ 50|
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
The detailed GATE 2018 Exam Pattern is given below:
- No. of Papers: 23 Papers. (Candidates are allowed to appear for any of the 23 papers)
- Mode of Exam: Online only
- Exam Time : 3 hours
- of questions: Total 65 question for maximum 100 marks
- Type of questions: MCQ(Multiple Choice Questions) with 4 options, NAT(Numerical Answer Type) with no options.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers
- Common section for all papers: General Aptitude (GA). It will contain a total of 10 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark & 5 questions of 2 marks)
- Negative Marking: Negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark and 2/3 marks for questions carrying 2 marks. No negative marking for numerical Answer Type questions
Exam Paper Pattern for All papers except XE, GG, and XL:
- 10 questions from General Aptitude (GA)
- 25 questions carrying 1 mark each
- 30 questions carrying 2 marks each
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE 2018 Syllabus
The GATE examination is held for 23 papers. For well preparation the complete syllabus for your respective paper is an inevitable thing. Describing each and every aspects of the syllabus for all the 23 papers in this page is really hard so it would be easy for you to download the PDF file of the syllabus. You can download the PDF files for all papers from the official website of the GATE 2018 organizing institute.
GATE 2018 Paper Codes
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Life Sciences||XL|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
GATE 2018 Exam Centres
There are about 194 cities are listed as the cities where gate 2018 examination will be held. It will be conducted in more than 640 test centers across the 26 states and union territories of the country. All the exam centres will be listed under the zonal centres and will be under the control of the respective zones. The international exam centres are listed below:
- Abu Dhabi/Dubai (UAE)
- Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Kathmandu, (Nepal)
Also, Dibrugarh (IIT Guwahati Zone), Burdwan (IIT Guwahati Zone), and Gorakhpur (IIT Kanpur Zone) has been added as new GATE centres.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the GATE examination will be available in the first week of January 2018. When it is available you can download it from the GOAPS website. The same will not be delivered to you by either email or by post. Successfully registered candidates can download the admit card from the website. For the examination, you have to bring a hard copy of the downloaded admit card along with a valid identity proof to the examination hall. Aadhar Card, Driving license, passport, voters ID, PAN card, Valid College ID, Employee Identification card, etc will be accepted. For international students, only Passport, Government issued ID, Employee ID will be accepted and identity proof.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
The GATE 2018 Answer Key will be released officially within a few days after the examination date. The answer key will be published separately for all papers. After the official release you can check and compare with your answers to get an overall idea about the chance of getting good colleges. Also there will be a facility for answer key challenge which can be opened after paying a nominal fee.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 Result will be published tentatively on the last week of March 2018 on the GOAPS portal of the official website of the organizing authority. After the announcement of the results, the GATE 2018 Score Card will be available for those candidates who have secured a mark equal to or above the cut-off marks decided by the authority.
How to Check GATE 2018 Result?
- Visit the official website of GATE 2018.
- Login to the GOAPS portal by using your credentials.
- The rank of the candidate along with the GATE score will be displayed on the web.
- Candidates are not required to take the print out of the GATE 2018 Result as it will not be considered as a valid document. But you can download the score card from the link prescribed by the authority.
GATE 2018 Score Card
All those candidates who are qualified will be provided with a score card. The same will have a validity of 3 years from the date of result announcement. The score card depicts the performance and talent of the candidate and the same will be treated as a valid document for admission and recruitment purposes by various government and private organizations. The score card will be available to download from the last week of March 2018.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
GATE 2018 cut off marks is a crucial factor that decides the future of a gate aspirant. It decide the eligibility of a candidate for the admission to IITs and IISc. The main thing that you should know is that the GATE 2018 cut off marks will vary branch wise and category wise as well. Generally the cut off marks for the reserved category will be lower than the general category candidates.
GATE 2018 Counselling Process
For the counseling, candidates have to apply individually to IITs after the admission notification is released. There will not be any common counseling. The centralized counseling for M.Tech, M.Arch, etc. will be organized by NITs and the only criterion taken into account will be the GATE 2018 Score.
GATE 2018 Admission Details
|Admission Details||Information Link|
|IIT M.Tech Admission 2018||Click here|
|IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2018||Click here|
|IIIT Bangalore Admission 2018||Click here|
|CCMT 2018||Click here|
|IIST M.Tech Admission||Click here|
GATE 2018 Zonal Centres
|Sl. No.||Zonal Centre||Zone|
|1||IISc Bangalore||Zone 1|
|2||IIT Bombay||Zone 2|
|3||IIT Delhi||Zone 3|
|4||IIT Guwahati||Zone 4|
|5||IIT Kanpur||Zone 5|
|6||IIT Kharagpur||Zone 6|
|7||IIT Madras||Zone 7|
|8||IIT Roorkee||Zone 8|
GATE 2018 Official Website
Still if you have any doubts or queries just comment below and let us know it. We will get back to you within 24 hours. Or if you want a personalized help, just shoot us a mail to email@example.com.
Stay tuned to https://www.careeryuga.com for more news and updates on GATE 2018.