GITAM GAT 2018: Application, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Important Dates
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) conduct a university level entrance examination commonly known as GAT (GITAM Admission Test) for admission to their various Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) courses in the field of Technology and Pharmacy. The main campuses of GITAM are located at Bangalore, Vishakhapatnam and Hyderabad. The examination is usually carried out in the month of April 2018 in every year at various centres within India. Best candidates are selected for admission to various courses under GITAM. Here provides the details of GITAM GAT 2018. Candidates can scroll through this article to get overall idea about GITAM GAT 2018. The important notifications will be available on the official website http://www.gitam.edu/gat.
GITAM GAT 2018 Important Dates
The important dates of GITAM GAT 2018 are as follows; the dates may change according to the final decision of the conducting authority of GAT.
|Application form will be available from||November 2017|
|Deadline for submitting the application form||March 2018|
|Admit card issue||April 2018|
|Date of GAT 2018||April 2018|
|Result Announcement||May 2018|
|Counselling of candidates starts from||May/ June 2018|
GITAM GAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for each course will vary based on the type of course for which the candidate is applying for i.e, whether it’s an Under Graduate (UG) course or Post Graduate (PG) course. In order to apply for GITAM GAT 2018, candidates can check their eligibility criteria here.
|Courses||Basic Eligibility Criteria|
|Bachelor of Technology (B – Tech)||
|Master of Technology (M – Tech)||
GITAM GAT Application Form 2018
The Application form act as a gate way for to appear GITAM GAT 2018. Before applying for the examination, candidates are advised check whether they are eligible or not by carefully reading the eligibility criteria section.
- The application forms are available both in online mode and offline mode. Candidate can choose any of the method to apply.
- The offline mode of application form will be available from,
- Selected braches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank.
- Through post after sending a request to Director – Admissions with a Demand Draft (DD) of the required fee.
- Candidate can also apply through online mode from the official web site of GITAM.
- Candidates have to fill up the application form with all necessary information such as personal details, educational details and etc.
- During the fill up process, it’s also necessary to upload scanned copies of recent passport size photograph along with digital signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidate can pay their application fee either by online mode or offline mode.
- After filling up the application form, candidates have to send their application form along with necessary documents to the address given below;
Director – Admissions, GITAM UNIVERSITY, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530045, Andhra Pradesh, India
The application fee of GITAM GAT 2018 is as follows;
The application fee can be paid via online mode or offline mode.
- For Online mode, the fee can be remitted either by
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For Offline mode, fee can be paid via
- Demand Draft (DD) in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam.
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern 2018
Here provides the overview of GITAM GAT examination, which will be carried out in every year by GITAM.
- Mode of Exam: The GITAM GAT examination will be conducted only in online mode.
- Medium of Language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
- Total no of Questions: There will be total of 100 questions for both B-Tech and M-Tech sections.
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of the exam is 2 hours i.e, 120 minutes.
- Subjects: The questions will be mainly asked from
- For B-Tech Section:
- 30 Questions from Physics and Chemistry each.
- 40 Questions from Mathematics/ Biology.
- For M-Tech Section:
- 30 Questions from Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
- 40 Questions from Quantitative aptitude.
- Marking Scheme: for each correct answer
- 4 Marks will be awarded for B-Tech.
- 3 Marks will be given for M-Tech.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer attended by the candidate, a -1 will be deducted.
GITAM GAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus may change according to the course for which the candidate is seeking admission.
- For Under Graduate (UG) course i.e, B-Tech, the syllabus will be based on PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects.
- For Post Graduate (PG) course i.e, M-Tech, the questions will be based on the graduation level of the respective field along with questions from Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
GITAM GAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can get access to their admit card which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc from the official website or web portal of GITAM. Download the admit card in order to appear for exam. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card along with any of the valid identity proof such as vote id card, pan card, adhar card or etc (in case if it’s necessary). Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
GITAM GAT 2018 Result
The Result of GITAM GAT 2018 examination will be published in the month of May 2018, in the respective examination portal. Candidates can check their result and download score card by enrolling their roll number. The Authority will also publish a separate merit list based on different courses under the university, which consists of candidate names those whom are eligible for merit seat.
GITAM GAT 2018 Counselling
Candidates can go further for counselling strictly based on the rank held by the candidate in the GITAM GAT 2018 examination organized by GITAM. Counselling will be carried out during May 2018. The short listed candidates are requested to bring their original certificates and proofs at the time of admission procedure.