IBSAT 2018: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Exam Date
ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT) examination is carried out in every year by the authority of ICFAI, Hyderabad. It’s a university level entrance exam, which selects most bright candidates within India for admission to their various Post Graduate (PG) programmes such Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM). The main campuses of ICFAI Business School are located at Ahmadabad, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune & Dehradun. The examination is usually carried out in the month of December in every year at various centres within India. Qualified candidates are selected for admission processes under various campuses of IBS. Here provides the details of IBSAT 2018. Candidates can scroll through this article to get overall idea about IBSAT 2018.
IBSAT 2018 Notifications
The IBSAT 2018 notification provides complete details about opening & closing of Application process, Admit card availability, Syllabus, Exam date and other important details which will be hosted by the official organizers of IBSAT i.e, ICFAI in their respective web portal http://ibsindia.org. Candidates can login to their official website for registration process and admit card availability.
IBSAT 2018 Conducting authority
The IBSAT 2018 is conducted by ICFAI in every year for admission to their various Post Graduate (PG) programmes. The organizing committee publishes Exam notifications on their official website. All the rules and regulations for IBSAT 2018 are finally decided by the conducting authority ICFAI.
The important dates of IBSAT 2018 are as follows; the dates may change according to the final decision of the conducting authority of ICFAI.
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Application form will be available from||July 2017,1st week|
|Deadline for submitting the application form through online mode||December 2017, 3rd week|
|Slot booking for admit card will start from||November 2017, 3rd week|
|IBSAT 2018 Exam Date||December 2017, 3rd week to 4th week|
|IBSAT 2018 Result Announcement||January 2018, 1st week|
|Admission or Counselling starts from||February 2018, 3rd week|
IBSAT 2018 Application Form
The Application form act as a gate way for to appear IBSAT 2018. Before applying for the examination, candidates are advised check whether they are eligible or not by carefully reading the eligibility criteria section.
- The application forms are available both in online mode and offline mode. Candidate can choose any of the method to apply.
- The offline mode of application form will be available from;
- The designated centres decided by the conducting authority ICFAI by paying the application fee through Cash.
- Candidate can also apply through online mode from the official web site of ICFAI.
- Candidates have to fill up the application form with all necessary information such as personal details, educational details and etc.
- During the fill up process, it’s also necessary to upload scanned copies of recent passport size photograph along with digital signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidate can pay their application fee either by online mode or offline mode.
- Candidates need to send their offline application form along with necessary documents to the address given below;
BS Admissions Office
65, Nagarjuna Hills,
Hyderabad – 500082,
The application fee of IBSAT 2018 entrance examination for all candidates is Rs.1800/-. The application fee can be paid via online mode or offline mode.
- For Online mode, the fee can be remitted either by
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For Offline mode, fee can be paid by
- Cash at the designated centre.
The eligibility criteria for applying for IBSAT 2018 is as follows; before applying for IBSAT 2018 candidates can check their basic eligibility criteria needed.
- All the candidates must have to complete their graduate level education either in 10+2+3 scheme or by 10+2+4 scheme, with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks with English medium syllabus from any of the recognized university or Board.
- Final year appearing candidate can also apply for IBSAT 2018 examination.
- Candidates those who can’t did their graduation in English medium, must have to submit any of the English language learning scores from TOEFL/NELT/IELTS any of these before 31st May 2018.
IBSAT 2018 Examination Pattern
Here provides the overview of IBSAT examination pattern, which will be carried out in every year by the organizing committee.
- Mode of Exam: The IBSAT examination will be conducted only in online (Computer Based Test) or offline (Pen and Paper based test).
- Medium of Language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
- Total no of Questions: There will be total of 120 questions from all sections.
- No of Sections: There are 4 sections in IBSAT examination.
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of the exam is 2 hours i.e, 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking in IBSAT 2018 entrance examination.
- Total Mark: The maximum mark that can be attained by a candidate in IBSAT 2018 is 120 marks.
IBSAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus may change according to the final decision of the exam conducting authority. There will be four sections in question paper. The questions will be raised from various areas, such as;
- English Usage
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation & Sufficiency
30 questions will be asked from each of these subjects separately. The syllabus for IBSAT will be published in the web portal before the examination. Syllabus oriented studies will help the candidate to score maximum.
IBSAT 2018 Admit card
IBSAT 2018 Admit card will be available through online mode only from the official web portal. The admit card will consists of essential information such as Exam date, Exam Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc. To get access to the admit card, candidates need to book their slot by selecting exam centre, Exam time and etc details. The slot booking process will starts from 3rd week of November 2017. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card along with any of the valid identity proof such as vote id card, pan card, adhar card or etc (in case if it’s necessary) in order to appear for exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
IBSAT 2018 Result
The Result of IBSAT 2018 examination will be published in the month of 1st week of January 2018, in the respective examination portal through online mode. Candidates can check their result by entering their application number and password. Download the score card for further procedures. The Authority will also publish a separate merit list based on different courses under the university, which consists of candidate names those whom are eligible for merit seat.
IBSAT 2018 Counselling
The selection process normally starts from the month of January 2018. Candidates can go further for counselling strictly based on the rank held by the candidate in the IBSAT 2018 examination organized by ICFAI or CAT/ NMAT/ GMAT. Apart from the rank held in the examination, the authority also conducts Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Candidates are selected based on the overall performance of the candidates in all the 3 rounds, held by the organizing committee. Finally the short listed candidates are requested to bring their original certificates and proofs at the time of admission procedure to various IBS centres.