JEE Main 2019: Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Dates
JEE Main 2019: Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) is a top level exam conducted by the board of CBSE in India. The entrance examination is carried out through 2 levels i.e, JEE Main and JEE Advanced. All India level JEE Main entrance examination selects the best candidates for admission to their various Under Graduate (UG) courses such as B-Tech / B.E / B-Arch courses in IITs, NITs, and other Engineering institutions. At the same the JEE main passed candidates must also have to appear and qualify in JEE Advanced 2019 entrance examination, in order to seek admission under IITs. The rules and regulation for JEE Main and Advanced entrance examination has been changed slightly by the conducting authority. The entrance examination will be conducted in the month of April normally.
The JEE Main Entrance Examination is conducted in every year. Candidates must be aware of all facts related to JEE examination. Here we provides the complete details the examination.
- 1 JEE Main 2019 Notification
- 2 JEE Main 2019 Organizing Authority
- 3 JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates
- 4 JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 JEE Main Application Form 2019
- 6 JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
- 7 JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
- 8 JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- 9 JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
- 10 JEE Main Result 2019
- 11 JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
- 12 JEE Main Counselling 2019
JEE Main 2019 Notification
The upcoming notification of JEE Main is available throughout. All notifications will be published in the official web portal. Candidates can continuously monitor to get access to the all the notification updates from the site.
JEE Main 2019 Organizing Authority
The JEE Main Entrance Exam 2019 is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Board. The Entrance Exam date and rules are decided and maintained by the conducting authority in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates
Here provides the tentative dates of JEE Main 2019 Entrance Examination. The dates may get changed according to the final decision of the organizing committee.
|Notification release on||3rd week of November 2018|
|Online Application starts on||1st week of December 2018|
|Online Application ends on||1st week of January 2019|
|Last date for fee payment||1st week of January 2019|
|Correction of application form opens on||2nd or 3rd week of January 2019|
|Admit card release on||2nd week of March 2019|
|Jee Main 2019 exam date (Pen and paper based test)||1st week of April 2019|
|Computer Based Test (Online)||2nd week of April 2019|
|Answer key availability||3rd week of April 2019|
|JEE Main Result Declaration on||4th week of April 2019|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate can check for their basic eligibility criteria before applying JEE Main. The basic eligibility criterion is follows:
- Candidate passed/ appearing their plus two or equivalent from any of the recognized university with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects.
- There is no minimum cut off mark is specified for candidates in order to appear for JEE Main.
- Candidates with 3 years of engineering diploma are eligible for admission to IITs, so that they can apply for JEE Advanced rather than JEE Main examination.
The age limit for candidates in order to apply for JEE Main is as follows;
- The candidates must be born on or after October 1993, 1st
- There is 5 years of age relaxation for Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PwD).
All candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main entrance examination, should posses their Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI. During the fill up process candidates have to enter their Aadhaar Card Number, Date of Birth (DoB) and other details. In case of any mismatch occurs, the application form of that particular candidate will be rejected.
Provision for J&K, Assam and Meghalaya
Candidates belonging to the state of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya
Number of Attends
- The maximum no of attempts that can be done by a candidate is;
- 3 Times for JEE Main and
- 2 Times in case of JEE Advanced
In consecutive two years.
Qualification for IITs and NITs
- For candidates to get selected by the IITs and NITs, they must have to score a minimum of 75% (65 %in case of SC/ ST/ PwD) for their 10+2 levels of education.
- Otherwise, the candidate must be in top 20 percentile in Twelfth level examination of their respective board.
JEE Main Application Form 2019
Application form is the gateway to appear for JEE Main 2019. The application form will be available from the 1st week of December 2018 in the official web portal of JEE Main. The commencement of application can only be done via online mode and no other modes are available.
- Candidates can login to controller’s official web portal form to get access to application form.
- Before applying for JEE Main, candidates must have to check their eligibility. The authority will never let you complete all the admission formalities, unless the candidates meet the basic eligibility.
- Candidates have to use their Aadhaar card for JEE Main registration, which shows their genuineness.
- While filling up all the necessary information’s such as personal and educational details, candidate may also need to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photo along with signature (if mandatory).
- After form fill up, the next step is to make payment. The Application Fee will change according to the course, which is selected by the candidate.
- There is no need to send hard copy of the application form to the CBSE Board.
- The fee can be paid online by any of these ways, such as:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- In case of offline mode, candidates can choose either
- Challan of Canara/ HDFC/ ICICI/ Syndicate
The application fee for JEE Main 2019 will be varied depending on the course for which candidate is trying to seek admission. The application fees are as follows:
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||General/ Other Backward Category (OBC) [Male Candidates]||Rs.1000/-|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD) and all Female Candidates||Rs.500/-|
|General(GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC) through online [Male]||Rs.500/-|
|For Both paper 1 and Paper 2||General/ OBC (Male Candidates)||Rs.1800/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD and all Female Candidates||Rs.900/-|
|General(GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC) through online [Male]||Rs.1300/-|
If the candidates wish to appear for their JEE examination in foreign country, must have to submit separate application fee. The application fee is as follows:
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||General/ Other Backward Category (OBC) [Male Candidates]||Rs.2500/-|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD) and all Female Candidates||Rs.1250/-|
|General(GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC) through online [Male]||Rs.2500/-|
|For Both paper 1 and Paper 2||General/ OBC (Male Candidates)||Rs.3800/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD and all Female Candidates||Rs.1900/-|
|General(GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC) through online [Male]||Rs.3800/-|
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
The pattern of JEE Main 2019 is as follows; based upon the pattern candidates will get an overall view about the examination.
Mode of Examination: JEE entrance examination is conducted through both online (Computer Based Test –CBT) and offline mode (Pen and Paper based test).
No of Papers: There will be two papers for JEE Main entrance examination. i.e ,
- Paper 1 for engineering and
- Paper 2 for architecture.
Medium of language: All the questions will be asked in English and Hindi language. No other languages are used.
Type of Questions: The JEE Main 2019 will consists of Objective type multiple choice questions.
No of Questions: No of questions will vary based on the paper for which the candidate is applying.
- For Paper 1, there will be 90 questions in total from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 30 questions will be asked from each.
- For paper 2, total questions will be 82. From which 30 questions will be asked from mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions from drawing.
Duration of Exam: The duration of JEE entrance examination is 3 hours i.e, 180 minutes in total.
Marking Scheme: for each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded in engineering paper. In case of architecture 4 marks is awarded for Mathematics andAptitude part, while 35 mark is allotted for each question from drawing.
Negative Marking: there is provision for negative marking in JEE examination. ¼ th of the actual mark will be deducted i.e, 1 mark.
Maximum Marks: The maximum mark varies depending upon the Paper for which the candidate is appearing for.
- For Paper 1: 360 Marks
- For Paper 2: 390 Marks
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus varies depending on the paper for which the candidate is applying. A candidate can prepare well for their JEE Main 2019, based on the syllabus.
- For engineering (Under Graduate–UG) paper, the syllabus will purely based on Plus Two level syllabus covered by the board, along with General Knowledge, Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning etc as decided by the organizing committee.
- For Mathematics, the questions will cover the areas;
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers
- Quadratic equation
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial theorem and it’s applications
- Limit, Continuity and differentiability
- Sequences and series
- Mathematical Induction
- Integration equation
- Differential Equation
- For Physics, 80% of questions will be from theory part and remaining 20% from practical part;
- Laws of Motion
- Rotational Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Oscillation and waves
- Kinetic theory of Gases
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Electromagnetic waves
- Mutual Induction
- For Chemistry, portions will include;
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- State of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Surface Chemistry
- Redox Reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in properties
- S Block Elements
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals.
- For Architecture based courses, the questions can include questions from Mathematics, General Aptitude questions, and drawing sections.
- For Mathematics, the questions will cover the areas;
JEE Main Admit Card 2019
Admit card will be available two weeks before the examination date. Candidates can get access to their admit card which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc from the official website or web portal. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card with them for the exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
JEE Main 2019 answer key will be published in the official web portal during the entrance examination by the organizing authority i.e CBSE. Candidates can check their answers were correct or not, by checking the answer key provided. Candidate can also challenge for corrections in answer key by paying an amount of Rs.1000/- by credit card/ debit card or e-Challan. The fee is non- refundable.
JEE Main Result 2019
The result of JEE MAIN 2019 will be published in tentatively in the 4th week of April 2019. The result will be available in the official web portal and candidates can login their account, in order to check for result. The candidates who scores greater than the cut-off mark are selected as qualifying student. Those candidates are appeared in the merit list and later on called for counselling process conducted by institutions.
JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing committee while declaring the Entrance Exam result. The cut-off marks will be different based on the category of the candidates. There are many factors, which influence in the final selection of cut-off marks such as difficulty level of the exam, no of students appeared for the exam, no of seats available and etc. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by a candidate, in order to qualify in JEE Main 2019.
- For General Candidates, cut off is 105 Marks.
- For OBC, cut off us 70 Marks.
- For Scheduled Cast (SC) , 50 mark is cut off and
- For Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, their cut off is44 marks.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
The short listed candidates list will be published in controller’s website. The shortlisted candidate must have to appear in the corresponding college for counselling process, otherwise the candidate will be removed from the list. The counselling process will start form the 1st week of July 2019. The counselling process will be carried out through online mode. There are 4 rounds in counselling process and first 3 rounds are handled by JoSAA and the final round will be organized by Sometimes there may also conducts CSAB. Candidates should have to carry all the original documents at the time of counselling process.