JEST 2018: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates
The Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted in every year by many premier research institutes. JEST 2018 is conducted for admission to various PhD programmes as well as its integrated programmes. The two subjects which are only included for this exam are Physics and Computational Biology/ theoretical computer science/ neuroscience. It is important to know that this examination is already recognized as National Eligibility Test (NET) and it is recognized by the authorities of SERB (Science & Engineering Research Board. Normally the exams are conducted during the month of February. The related notifications and other valuable information are available on the official portal, https://www.jest.org.in. We will also Includes the latest updates from the official side. Candidates who wish to seek admission to mentioned colleges must have to apply for JEST 2018 before the final date for submission of application.
JEST 2018 Important Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Application process starts from||3rd week of November 2017|
|Deadline for Submission of the application form through online||Last week of December|
|JEST 2018 Entrance Exam date||Last week of February|
|Result Declaration of JEST 2018||march 2018, 1st week|
A candidate can check whether he/she is eligible to apply JEST 2018, by careful reading the minimum eligibility criteria provided here. The candidates can apply for JEST 2018 entrance examination, to get admission to their desired courses.
The Basic eligibility criteria are;
- Candidates must have to complete their Bachelor’s degree of Technology in any stream from any of the recognized university for PhD programme.
- Also MSc in physics candidates are eligible.
- For Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc and Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc, The Candidates have to complete M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech. in Computer Science and related streams.
- For Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER Thiruvananthapuram the candidates have to complete B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any stream.
- For Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA, the candidates have to complete M.Sc. (Physics/ Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics/ Radio Physics and Electronics as an eligibility.
- The candidates who are opting for Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc have to complete their B.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related streams.
- For PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC, the candidates have to complete M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science as an eligibility.
- For PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc, the candidates have to compete M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech./MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with
- good mathematical skills
- strong interest in biological problems.
- For Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics), the candidates have to complete B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics).
- At NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , candidates should need minimum of first class marks B.E./B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics B.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics)/ Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Optics and Photonics will be consider. B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
JEST Application Form 2018
Candidates can apply for JEST 2018, after checking their minimum eligibility. Eligible candidates can visit the official website portal. The steps for registration are as follows:
- Candidates need to access the official web portal of JEST for registering for JEST 2018 through online mode.
- Click on the New User registration icon in order get start with registration process. Then create a new account by entering a valid user name and password.
- After that using that particular username and password candidates can login into their account, and fill up all the required details such as Personal and educational.
- Candidates are also advised to upload a scanned copy of both recent passport size photo and signature (the size will be specified by the conducting authority). The scanned copies can be any of the following formats such as jpg/ jpeg/ bmp/ gif/ png.
- Before submit the applications, scroll through all details again by clicking Back button and check whether any correction exists, and if so correct the information. Otherwise submit the application form.
- After submission the next step is to pay fee, it can be paid either by online or offline mode.
- There is no need to the application form to the conducting authority.
- If the fee payment status will not appear in the web site within two working days, candidates must have to contact the officials.
- After completing all the steps, a PDF of the application form will be generated and candidate can take a print out of the application form further reference by the candidate or authority.
The application fee for JEST 2018 online is;
- For General (GEN) candidate the fee is Rs.300/-
- For Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD) the fee is Rs.150/-.
The application fee can be paid in any of the available mode such as online or offline.
- For Online mode, candidates can click on the link “Pay through Credit/ Debit Cards” and read the terms and conditions carefully. After accepting the terms and conditions, candidates will be directed to ICICI Bank payment gateway and enter
- The credit/ debit card details
- 3D Verification details of candidates card
Then the application fee along with applicable convenience fee will be taken and candidate will be directed to the JEST online application website.
After that make payment by cash at any bank within India and also ensure that bank write the bank transaction id on the Challan. Candidate must have to keep their Institution copy and Applicant copy.
JEST 2018 Exam Pattern
The Courses Offered by JEST is for the entrance to the PhD and Integrated PhD programs in Physics and Theoretical Computer Science. The Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2018 will be conducted in OMR answer sheet (offline exam). The questions are based on the general syllabus of graduation and post-graduation level courses. The question paper of Physics will contain two parts i.e. Part A and Part B. Both the part will contain 25 questions and each part will have a total of 50 questions. The Theoretical Computer Science will have total 7 questions. The question paper of Theoretical Computer Science will have questions of both types –short answers and detailed problem solving. The Physics question paper will be based on objective type questions. The Duration of The test will be of 3 hours. The Part-A Physics question paper will contain questions of 3 marks each and Part-B will contain questions of 1 mark. Making a total oh hundred marks.
JEST 2018 Syllabus
Graduation or post-graduation level be the two standard of Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) . The test of Theoretical Computer Science focuses on Analytical Reasoning and Deduction, Combinatory, Data Structures and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Principles of Programming. The questions of Physics will appear from topics such as Mathematical Methods, Classic Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Optics, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics and Electronics.
JEST 2018 Admit Card
Applied candidates can download the JEST Admit Card 2018 from the official website at the time of examination. The exam conducting authority will publish the JEST 2018 Admit card 15 days prior to the examination. Admit card comprises of Date, Time and Center of the examination. Candidates are required to bring the admit card along with one identity proof to the examination center. Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to write the exam.
JEST Answer Key 2018
Candidates after the examination can check the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2018 answer key through online mode. The answer key will be released after few days of exam and prior to result. The authority will declare the answer key for all sets.
JEST 2018 Result
The JEST 2018 Exam Result will be declared through online mode. The official will announce the results after one month of the examination. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number on the website. After the declaration of result, JEST Score cards will be available for the applicants who secure marks equal or more than the cut-off marks. Based on Cut off marks merit list will available on the website. According to list candidate will call for the Counseling process. Counseling dates available soon on the web portal. JEST 2018 result will be declared on the website after few days of the examination. It is expected that the result will be declared in the month of March 2018. The score card of JEST will be released after the result declaration. The process of counseling will start from the month of May. During the process, applicant will go through eligibility, documents verification, semester fee, and making choice for the institute according to AIR (All India Rank).