JKCET 2018: Application, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is the entrance exam which is conducted in state level. JKCET 2018 is organized by the JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations). It is conducted once in a year for providing admission in to Engineering and Architecture (B.Tech & B.Arch) programs. These courses are given by the various government and private institutions situated in J&K state.
JKCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must have to check the eligibility criteria. Following points refers to the eligibility criteria for the entrance examination.
- Candidate must have to be a permanent voter of J&K state.
- The minimum qualification required for the entrance test should be 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have to obtain the 50% marks as minimum in the qualifying examination (40% for the reserved category candidates).
- For engineering courses, candidates must have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM & English.
- Candidate’s age should not be less than 17 years on or before 31st December 2018.
- Candidates those who are appearing for the final exam are also eligible to apply for JKCET.
JKCET 2018 Exam Dates
Following table refers to the tentative dates of the examination. Candidates can refer the following table for their self awareness.
|Exam process||Dates (Tentative)|
|Publishing of Application Form||3rd week of January 2018|
|Last date to Submit the Application Form||4th week of February 2018|
|Admit Card releasing Date||Last week of April 2018|
|JKCET 2018 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of May 2018|
|Conduction of Counseling process||1st week of July 2018|
JKCET Application Form 2018
For appearing in the exam, candidates must have to read the exam notification. Following are the main points to be noted, while filling up the application form.
- JKCET 2018 Application Form will be published through online mode
- No application will be issued through offline mode.
- Candidates can fill their application form from the 3rd week of January 2018and it will be available till the 4th week of February 2018.
- Candidates must have to upload their scanned imagesof their colored photograph, signature & thumb impression at the time of filling the application form in prescribed JPG/JPEG Format.
- The size of the photograph should be less than 500 KB & signature/thumb impression size should be less than 200 KB.
- Candidates must have to upload the copies of their permanent residence certificate, marks certificate (if the result is announced) & category certificate (if applicable).
- After successfully completing the application form filling process, candidates must have to take the printout and keep it safe for future reference.
After filling up the application form, candidates have to submit the payment before the closing date. No application will be accepted, without the payment of application fee.
- Candidates must have to pay the application fee which will be 800/- for all categories.
- Candidates can do the payment through online or offline mode.
- The online payment can be made through the HDFC integrated payment access with any national credit/debit card.
- The offline payment can be done through bank Challan from any branch of HDFC bank & J & K bank.
JKCET 2018 Exam Pattern
For getting higher marks in the examination, candidates must have the adequate knowledge in the exam pattern. Following are the main points of exam pattern.
- The exam will be conducted through offline mode only i.e. pen-paper based test.
- The examination will be having of two papers i.e. PCM and PCB group.
- The question paper will be having of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- There will be a total of 60 questions asked from each subject.
- One mark will be awarded, for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking scheme for wrong choice. 0.25 marks will be docked for each wrong response.
|Name of the series||Paper||Subjects in exam||No. of Questions asked||Allowed Exam Duration|
|PCM & PCB||A||Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)||120||2 hours|
JKCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for Engineering & Architecture will consist of the 11th & 12th class subjects. Candidates must have to refer the complete syllabus of these classes including the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The question paper will be allocated into two i.e. PCM and PCB.
JKCET 2018 Seat Reservation
The following table refers to the reservation for the different category students in the examination.
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||25%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11%|
|Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
JKCET Exam Preparation Tips
- Candidates should select best books & study material of best authors/publications.
- Revision will be the key to success, so do revision daily.
- Time management for each subject will help in covering all subjects.
- Refer previous year question papers for better result.
- Candidates should have the proper knowledge about the exam syllabus and exam pattern.
JKCET Admit Card 2018
Candidates can download their admit card from the last week of April 2018. The JKCET 2018 Admit card will be issued through online mode only. The admit card will be having details such as venue of exams, exam date, time of exam, name of the candidate, category, gender, etc. Candidates must have to paste their photograph on top of admit card. Without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidates must have to keep their admit card until the admission process over.
JKCET Answer Key 2018
JKCET 2018 Answer Key will be released after a few days of the completion of the exam. The answer key will be issued by the exam conducting authority through the official website. Candidates can send the written appeal with the supported document proof of standard textbooks on the prescribed format if they found any mistake in answer key. Candidates must have to submit Rs.1000 as an appeal fee.
JKCET Result 2018
JKCET 2018 Result will be released only through the official website in the 4th week of May 2018. On the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the exam, a merit list will be prepared by the exam conducting authority. The merit list will be declared differently in the descending order for general merit category and for other category.
JKCET 2018 Counseling
Candidates will be invited for the counseling process on the basis of the merit list. The counseling process dates will be released through official website. Candidates will get their counseling process call letter through the official website, if they have cleared the examination. Candidates must have to bring their original documents along with Rs. 500/- as a counseling process fee. In counseling session, candidates have to select the college/programs depending upon their preference.
Documents required at the time of counseling:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Score Card of Qualifying Exam
- Challan Copy