Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi conducts Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) in order to select the best candidates for admission to their various courses. The Courses offered by JNU are under Graduate (UG) programmes, Post Graduate (PG) programmes and Doctoral programmes and etc. The entrance examination is carried out in every year by the JNU itself. Candidates who wish to seek admission under JNU have to apply for their entrance exam. Normally the exams are carried out during the third week of May. In this article, you can read about the JNU Admission 2018. All the important details regarding the examination are described below.
JNUEE 2018 Notifications
The JNU 2018 notifications will be available in the official web site of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). The notification will include important details such as opening of application process, closing date, date of admit card release, entrance exam date and etc information’s.
JNUEE 2018 Important Dates
The Important dates of JNU 2018 will be published in the official web site of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). Candidates can access to the web portal to get continuous updates of events. Here provides the tentative dates of various events; it may change according to the final decision of the exam conducting authority.
|Events||Dates (Released & Tentative)|
|Availability of both online and offline application form||15th September 2017|
|Deadline for the availability of offline application form||October 13, 2017|
|Last date for applying through online (Tentative)||March 2018, 3rd week|
|Final date for submitting offline application form by speed post or registered post||March 2018, 4th week|
|Admit card Release||May 2018, 2nd week|
|JNUEE date||27 to 30th December 2018|
|Declaration of result for viva voce||June 2018, 4th week|
|Written test date, for selection of viva voce||July 2018, 2nd week|
|Publication of merit list of candidates||July 2018, 2nd week|
|Admission to various courses starts from||July 2018, 3rd week|
|Final date for the application process||August 2018, 3rd week|
JNUEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria may vary according to the course, for which the candidate is applying for; the basic eligibility criteria for each course are given here. Candidate can scroll through it, to get an absolute idea of qualification needed for each course.
|M.Sc (Life Science)|
|BA (Hons.) 1st year|
|BA (Hons.) 2nd year in German|
|BA (Hons.) 2nd year other than German|
|MA in Economics|
|MA in Politics & MA in International Relations and Area Studies|
JNUEE 2018 Application Form
The application form will be available during the 2nd week of February 2018. Before applying for exam, candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria. The application form will be available both in online mode and offline mode.
- Candidate can apply through online mode, by accessing the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru university.
- The application form will be available through post, during 2nd week of February 2018.
- The application form needs to fill carefully and candidates have to enter their personal details, educational details, recent passport size photo (150 px width and 200 px height), digital signature (140 px width and 60 px height) and digital Challan (in case fee is remitted by bank Challan).
- After filling up the offline application, candidates have to send the filled application form to the following address by registered post or speed post;
Section officer (Admissions), Room No. 28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067
- All candidates are requested to take the print out of the submitted application form for further reference if necessary.
The application fee varies according to the course for which the candidates is applying for and also based on the category of applying candidates. The application fee of JNU 2018 is as follows;
- For Phil. / M.Tech. / MPH/ Pre-Ph.D./ Ph.D., M.A., M.Sc., M.C.A. Courses, the application fees are;
|Category||For Choice 1||For Choice 2||For Choice 3|
|General (GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs.220||Rs.430||Rs.600|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD)||Rs.110||Rs.215||Rs.300|
- For A. 1st & 2nd year and all Part Time programmes the application fee is;
|Category||For Choice 1||For Choice 2||For Choice 3|
|General (GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs.130||Rs.250||Rs.360|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD)||Rs.65||Rs.125||Rs.180|
The application fee can be paid via either online or offline. Candidate can choose any of the preferred modes.
- For online mode, fee payment can be done by;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For offline mode, fee payment can be done by;
- Challan through SBI Bank
JNU 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of JNU 2018 is described below; so candidates can get an overall view of the entrance examination in order to prepare for.
- Mode of the Exam: The Examination will be held in offline mode
- Medium of the language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
- No of Questions: The number of questions will also differ based on the course for applying to.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from different subjects based on the type of course for which the candidate is applied.
- Exam Duration: The total time for the entrance examination is 3 hours i.e, 180 minutes in total.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking for each incorrect answer and the mark will be decided by the examination authority.
JNU Reservation Category
There will be reservation for some category of candidates; the seat reservation for each category is as follows;
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Category (OBC) belonging to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||3%|
JNU Syllabus 2018
The syllabus will vary based on the course for which the candidate is applying for. For graduate level, the questions will normally ask from 10+2 level and for post graduate level the questions may arise based on their graduation degree course. The detailed syllabus will be published by the university, when the notification of exam releases.
JNU Admit Card 2018
The Admit card will be made available from Second week of May 2018 probably. All candidates are requested to bring their admit card, at the time of exam which contains many important information such as Exam Centre, Exam Time, Register Number, Candidate Name and etc. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website by providing user information. In case of loss of admit card, candidate will not be allowed to enter into exam hall.
JNU 2018 Result
The result of JNUEE 2018 will be published during the 4th week of June. Candidates can check their result through online mode from the official web portal of Jawaharlal University, by providing required information. The selected candidate will be called for next round of selection process i.e, viva-voce. Based on the performance of the candidate, a separate merit list will be prepared by the university which contains the name of selected candidates.
JNU Admission 2018
The counselling process will be started from 3rd week of July 2018. The candidates who have been qualified both the JNUEE and viva – voce will get admission to various courses under JNU i.e, admission process is carried out based on the merit list.