KCET 2018: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Results
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is a national level entrance exam, which will be conducted in every year by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). It mainly offers admission to various streams in Under Graduate (UG) level. The various courses offered are B-Tech/ B-Arch/ B.Pharm and etc. The examination is also known as “CET 2018”, Candidates can apply for KCET 2018 through the application form and it will be made available during the month of January in every year. Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir can also apply for KCET examination. KCET 2018 selects the best candidates within India for admission to their UG courses.The candidate with minimum qualification can apply for this examination. KCET are normally conducted during April of every year.
Karnataka CET 2018 Notifications
Candidate can get more information about Karnataka CET 2018 such as date of commencement of online application, last date for submitting online application, exam date and other important date from the respective website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) education portal, http://kea.kar.nic.in/
Karnataka CET 2018 Conducting Authority
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). All the rules and regulations are created and maintained by the conducting authority.
The tentative dates of Karnataka CET 2018 is listed, the dates may get changed according to the final decision of exam conducting authority, because the final decisions are carry out by KEA Karnataka.
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Issue of Notification||February 2018|
|Online application starts from||February 2018|
|Last date of online application||April 2018|
|Availability of admit card||April 2018|
|Karnataka CET 2018 Exam date||April 2018|
|Answer key publishes on||May 2018|
|Announcement of KCET Result||May 2018|
|Counselling process starts on||May 2018|
KCET 2018 Application Form
The candidates whom are interests in applying various diploma courses under HSTES, Haryana can fill up the online application form from their respective education portal site. The candidates must be aware of the following factors will fill up the form:
- The online application will be available from February 2018 onwards.
- Interested candidates can fill up application form after reading all the necessary information’s.
- Candidates will be requested to upload their scanned copies of passport size photographs in JPEG formats (size will be specified by the authority).
- Application fee can be submitted via through Bank Challan.
- The application will closes during April 2018, so that the candidates are advised to apply for their respective course before that.
- After submitting the online application, candidates are advised to take print out of the application form and sent it with copies of all the certificates before the last date to KEA, Karnataka.
The basic eligibility criteria for various Under Graduate (UG) course programmes are mentioned below. A candidate can check for their basic eligibility before he/ she applies for the Karnataka CET 2018.
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry –LE)||
|B. V. SC & A. H||
Karnataka CET 2018 Application Fee
The application fee will be varied according to the category of the candidate applying for KCET 2018. The application fee of KCET 2018 is as follows; the application fee is non – refundable.
|General (GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs.650/-|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD)||Rs.500/-|
|Candidates from outside Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside India||Rs.5000/-|
The application fee payment can be done only via Bank Challan at specified branches, by the organizing authority of KCET 2018.
KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Karnataka CET 2018 LE scheme exam paper exam pattern will be as follows; it may change according to the final decision of conducting authority.
- Mode of Exam: The KCET 2018 examination is conducted through offline mode i.e, pen and paper based test.
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be available in English language.
- Question Paper Type: Objective type multiple choice question paper, which consists of 4 options for each question. Candidate can select any one from the available options.
- No of Questions: There will be a total of 230 questions in the question paper.
- Duration: The total duration allowed for Karnataka CET 2018 Entrance Examination is 320 minutes. 80 minutes are allocated in order to answer questions from each subject.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer attempted by the candidate, it will carry +1 mark.
- Negative Marking: For There is no provision for negative marking.
- Maximum Marks: The maximum mark can be attained by a candidate in Karnataka CET 2018 is 230 Marks.
KCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for admission to Under Graduate (UG) programme will be based on the basic level 10+2 Levels of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) & Karnataka Board. For engineering course, the questions will be from PCM, while for Pharmacy course it will be from PBC subjects. The Questions will be asked from various subjects, which are;
- Mathematics/ Biology
- Kannada (if applicable)
60 questions will be asked from PCM or PCB subjects each and 50 questions will be from Kannada subject. Each subject is allocated with 80 minutes duration to answer.
KCET Admit Card 2018
Admit card for KCET 2018 will be made available during 1st week of April 2018, candidates can download their admit card which is issued by the KEA entrance exam organization committee from the respective website of exam portal. Candidates are also requested to keep the print out of their admit card with them, that consists of many information including the Register Number of the candidate, Exam Centre, Exam Time, Date of Exam and etc details. In case of loss of admit card, no candidate will be allowed to appear for Karnataka CET 2018 Examination. The admit card will not be sent by post.
KCET Result 2018
The Result of Karnataka CET 2018 Entrance examination will be published in the 3rd week of May 2018, in the respective examination portal. Candidates can check their result and download score card by enrolling their roll number, which is provided by the organizing committee of KEA. The Authority will also publish a separate merit list based on different courses under the university, which consists of candidate names those whom are eligible for merit seat.
CET 2018 Cut-Off
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing team, at the time of result announcement. There are several factors that may affect the cut-off mark, such as difficulty level of paper, no of seats available for course, no of candidates appeared for exam and etc. Candidates with marks lower than the defined cut-off will be eliminated directly from rank list.
Karnataka CET 2018 Counselling
Candidates can go further for counselling strictly based on the rank held by the candidate in the entrance examination conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority, no other additional test or exam will not conduct separately. Counselling and seat allotment will be carried out during the 1st week of June 2018 through online mode only. Candidate can select their choice of course and college. All the notifications will be published in the official web portal. The short listed candidates are requested to bring their original certificates and proofs at the time of admission procedure.
Documents to bring for Verification
The documents which need to be brought by the candidates for verification process are;
- SSLC Mark List/ 10th Mark List
- 12th class Mark List/ PUC Mark List
- KCET 2018 filled up application Form
- KCET Admit Card
- KCET Score Card
- 2 copies of recent passport size photographs
- Caste Certificate (if Applicable)