Kerala Polytechnic 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Key Dates
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 admission procedure is organized by the Department of Technical Education, Kerala. It will be conducted every year. Kerala polytechnic admission process will be a gateway to provide admission in various courses (Mentioned below). There will be no separate entrance exam for getting admission into diploma courses. Only thing that candidate have to do is; apply through online. The admission will be based on the marks obtained by the candidate in 10th and 12th board exams.The official notification will be available on the official web portal, http://www.polyadmission.org
Courses offered: Mechanical engineering, Electrical and electronics engineering, Electronics engineering, Civil engineering, Computer engineering, Tool & Die, Instrumentation, Chemical engineering etc.
Following are the eligibility criteria for applying to get admission in various courses.
- Candidates those who wish to apply must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates those who are applying must be a native of Kerala/ Candidates must have to pass the qualifying examination from the educational board of Kerala/ The Candidate’s guardian must be a permanent employee/staff in the government/public sector undertaking by Kerala state.
- Candidates must have to pass the SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination from the Kerala state or any other government recognized board.
- Students must have to qualify the qualifying examination in the subjects such as Mathematics, Science and English.
- For CBSE/ICSE board students, marks obtained in Science will be taken for calculating grade in Science in the place of Physics & Chemistry.
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Important Dates
Following table refers to the tentative dates of admission process. Candidates can refer the table for their self awareness about the admission process.
|Admission Process||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online application starting||1st week of June 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date of application form with late fee||Last week of June 2018|
|Announcement of Ranks and Trial Allotment||Last week of June 2018|
|Final Rank list||Last week of June 2018|
|Date of admission on the base of merit list||1st week of July 2018|
|Commencement of first counseling||2nd week of July 2018|
|Second Counseling||3rd week of July 2018|
|Admission Closes||4th week of July 2018|
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Application Form
- The application form will be issued through online mode.
- Students must have to submit only one application form for various districts.
- Separate application forms have to be filled in the following cases:
- For regular seats in Government/Government Aided courses Government seats in Self Financing courses Special batch of Hearing Impaired (HI)
- For the management seats under Aided courses to be submitted at respective Polytechnics
- Under NCC quota
- Under Sports quota
- Students must have to submit the online application form in the official website of technical education, Kerala.
- Candidates those who are applied must have to take the printout of the filled application form for future reference.
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Application Fee
- The application fee will be 100/-per district.
- For SC/ ST candidates, the application fee will be Rs.50/-.
- If candidates have submitted application form for more than one district, then they must have to pay Rs. 100 for each district that they have applied. (Rs. 50/- for SC/ST).
Documents to be provided along with the application form:
- Self-attested copy of the Domicile Certificate.
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate.
- Self-attested copy of the Income Certificate.
- Self-attested copy of the Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Self-attested copy of the mark sheet of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.
Kerala Polytechnic 2018 counseling process
The admission to various polytechnic institutions will be done on the base of merit list created by the technical education board. The Kerala Polytechnic 2018 counseling process will depend upon the merit drawn as per the student’s mark obtained in 10th.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photographs
- Kerala Polytechnic 2018 Admit Card & Score Card
- Character certificate
- 10th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate