LPU NEST 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Date
The board of Lovely Professional University (LPU) conducts a universal level Entrance examination in order to select the best candidates for admission to their various courses under B- Tech, MBA and LAW courses. The Examination is commonly known as Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPU NEST 2018). It will be conducted in every year by the university itself, from 2009 on wards. This university selects most bright students based upon their performance on LPU NEST 2018 examination.
Candidates, who wish to seek admission under LPU, can apply for this examination. Here provides overall details and tentative dates of 2018 LPU NEST.
Courses Offered by LPU
- B – Tech
- Hotel Management and
- Other courses
LPU NEST Notification 2018
The notifications of LPU NEST 2018 are available and candidates can login to their official website for more details such as application form, exam dates, syllabus and other important information. Here provides tentative dates of all events.
LPU NEST Organizing Authority 2018
The Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPU NEST) is conducted by Lovely Professional University (LPU) for admission to various Programmes. The rules and regulations are created and maintained by this authority. Notifications are also available in the official web portal of LPU.
LPU NEST Exam Date 2018
The exam dates of LPU NEST 2018 are as follows; it may get change according to the final decision of the Exam conducting Authority.
|Registration process will starts from||November 2017, 1st week|
|Last date for registration||February 2018, 4th week|
|Slot booking starts from||March 2018, 1st week|
|LPU NEST Entrance Exam 2018||April 2018, 2nd week to 4th week|
|Declaration of LPU NEST result 2018||May 2018, 1st week|
LPU NEST 2018 Application Form
Candidates who wish to seek admission under Lovely Professional University can apply for this entrance examination through online mode.
- The application form will be available in the official web site Lovely Professional University during 1st week of November 2017.
- Candidates can apply online, by generating application number and password.
- After that, candidate can login to their account and fill up all the required information such as personal details and educational details.
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copy of recent passport size photo, signature in case if it’s necessary (The size will be specified by the conducting authority).
- The application fee of Rs.700/- also need to be paid at this time by the candidates either online or offline mode.
- During the fill up process, candidate also has to choose the centre of examination, slot booking process. Select either slot booking by candidate or by University.
- After all those process, candidates are advised to take a hard copy of the application form which has been submitted by the candidate, for further reference (If necessary).
The application fee for all candidates applying for LPU NEST 2018 examination is Rs.700/-.
The application fee can be paid via online or offline mode by the candidate.
- For online mode, candidate can choose;
- Credit card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For offline mode, fee can be paid via;
- Demand Draft (DD) in favor of “Lovely Professional University”, payable at Jalandhar.
Candidates, who prefer DD as their mode of payment, have to send the filled application form along with the copy of the Demand Draft (DD) to the address given below;
Division of Admissions (LPUNEST 2018) Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – Delhi, G.T Road, Phagwara, Punjab, India – 144411
LPU NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria changes depending on the course for which the candidate is applying to. The basic eligibility criteria are as follows; Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying for Lovely Professional University Entrance Examination 2018.
|BA/ BBA/ B.Com LL.B||
The age limit for applying to LPU NEST 2018 will be varying according to the course for which the candidate is seeking admission for.
- For LL.B courses, the age limit is 30 years (5 years of relaxation for reserved categories).
- For BA, BBA, B.Com LL.B courses, the age limit is 20 years (22 years in case of reserved category).
LPU NEST Exam Pattern 2018
The pattern of LPU NEST 2018 examination will vary according to the type of course for which the candidate is applied:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be in online mode.
- Medium of Language: The question paper will be in English language.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will consist of multiple choice objective type questions.
- Total Duration: The total duration the examination is two hours and 30 minutes i.e, 150 minutes in total.
For B-Tech Course
- Total no of Questions: There are 110 questions in total.
- Marking Scheme:
- Four marks are awarded for each correct answer attempted from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects.
- Two marks are provided for each correct answer from English.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking scheme for wrong answers and unanswered questions.
- Maximum mark: Maximum mark for LPU NEST 2018 is 400.
For MBA Course
- Total no of Questions: There will 100 questions in total.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry +3 marks.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking scheme will be decided by the conducting authority.
- Maximum mark: Maximum mark for LPU NEST 2018 is 300.
LPU NEST 2018 Syllabus
The qualifying examinations consist of questions from various areas. The syllabus will change based on the type of course for which the candidate is applying for.
- For B-Tech, The main subjects from which questions will be arise from are;
- Physics (30 Ques.)
- Chemistry (30 Ques.)
- Mathematics/ Biology (30 Ques.)
- English (20 Ques.)
- For MBA course, the questions will be from:
- English (40 Ques.)
- General Aptitude (40 Ques.)
- Current Awareness (20 Ques.)
- For Law course, syllabus will be:
- Quantitative & Logical Aptitude
- Legal Reasoning
- General Awareness.
Syllabus oriented studies will help the candidate to score higher .
LPU NEST Admit Card
Candidates can download their Admit card from the official website of LPU University after the slot booking process. The admit card will consists of essential information such as candidate name, Register Number, Exam date, Exam Time, Exam Centre and other details. All the candidates should have to bring their admit card for their entrance examination, in case of loss admit card then the entry will be prohibited. It is important to note that the admit card will not be sent through post.
LPU NEST Result 2018
The LPU NEST 2018 examination result of b-tech will be declared during 3rd week of January 2018 and in case of MBA the result will be published during the 1st week of May 2018. The qualified candidates can download their rank card from the official website, after declaring the result. The downloaded score card are necessary for further admission procedures. The qualified candidates only can seek admission under LPU University. The minimum qualifying marks are decided by the exam conducting authority.
LPU NEST 2018 Admission & Counselling
The qualified candidates will be called for counselling process by the University. Notifications of counselling will also publish in their official web site. After the counselling process, candidates can select their preferences. The seat will be allocated based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination. All candidates have to appear to the allocated centre for admission with their original certificates and documents (SSLC Mark list, Plus Two Mark List, Community Certificate, Cast Certificate, Income Certificate and etc which are provided at the time of registration) for document verification process along with valid score card, at the time of counselling.