LSAT 2018: Registration, Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates
Law School Admission Test (LSAT) 2018 Entrance Examination is conducted by the authority of Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA. The exam provides admission to various Law Institutes/ Colleges within India and Foreign Countries. It’s a world – wide entrance examination which will be conducted only once in a year by the LSAC. LSAT 2018 acts as a gateway for candidates to get selected to their desired Law courses in any of the countries like Canada, USA and etc. Normally the exams are conducted during the month of June 2018.
Candidates who wish to seek admission to law courses must have to apply for LSAT before the final date for submission of application.
LSAT Notification 2018
The LSAT 2018 notification provides complete details about opening & closing of Application process, Admit card availability, Syllabus, Exam date and other important details which will be hosted by the official organizers of LSAT i.e, Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA in their respective web portal. Candidates can login to their official website for registration process and admit card availability.
LSAT Organizing Authority 2018
The LSAT is conducted by Law School Admission Council (LSAC) in every year for admission to their Law programmes. The organizing committee publishes Exam notifications on their official website. All the rules and regulations for LSAT are finally decided by the conducting authority LSAC.
LSAT 2018 Important Dates
Here we provides the tentative dates of LSAT 2018 and the dates may get change according to the final decision of exam organizing committee. Based on these dates candidates can prepare for their LSAT exam.
|Online registration starts from||September 2017, 2nd week|
|Deadline for Submission of online Application form||May 2018, 1st week|
|Releasing of Admit card||May 2018, 2nd week/ 3rd week|
|LSAT 2018 Entrance Exam date||June 2018, 1st week|
|Result Declaration of LSAT||June 2018, 3rd week|
LSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
A candidate can check whether he/she is eligible for to apply LSAT 2018, by carefully reading the minimum eligibility criteria provided here. However, the eligibility criteria changes from one institution to another. Candidates can check for the eligibility criteria of each of the institution, where they need to get admission to Law courses. The candidates can apply for LSAT 2018 entrance examination, to get admission to their desired courses. There is no eligibility criteria are prescribed by the LSAC.
|10+2 or equivalent passed or appearing candidates with a minimum of 45% of aggregate mark from any recognized board can apply.|
|Candidate must possess their bachelor’s degree from any of the recognized university in any subject, with a minimum of 45% of marks.|
|Candidates must hold either any of the following; with a minimum aggregate of 45%.|
From any recognized university.
LSAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply for LSAT 2018, after checking their minimum eligibility. Eligible candidates can visit the official website portal of LSAC for registration process. The steps for registration are as follows:
- Candidates need to access the LSAC admission portal through online mode.
- Click on the New User registration icon in order get start with registration process. Then create a new account by entering a valid user name and password.
- After that using that particular username and password candidates can login into their account, and fill up all the required details such as Personal and educational.
- Candidates are also advised to upload a scanned copy of both recent passport size photo and signature (the size will be specified by the conducting authority). The scanned copies can be any of the following formats such as jpg/ jpeg/ bmp/ gif/ png.
- Before submit the applications, scroll through all details again by clicking Back button and check whether any correction exists, and if so correct the information. Otherwise submit the application form.
- After submission the next step is to pay fee, it can be paid either by online or offline mode.
- IF the candidate prefer offline mode, then he/ she has to send the application form along with the fee receipt to the official address of conducting authority.
- After completing all the steps, take a print out of the application form further reference by the candidate or authority.
The application fee of LSAT 2018 is as follows; The LSAT all India registration fee is Rs. 3800/- .
The application fee can be paid in any of the available mode such as online or offline.
- For Online mode Candidates can prefer;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For Offline mode, fee can be remitted via;
- Pay Order
- Bankers Cheque
- Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “Pearson India Education Services Private Limited” payable at New Delhi or Noida.
If the candidates prefers to pay via Demand Draft, the they must have to send the DD along with the application form to the below address:
Pearson VUE, C/O Greenclouds, 6708, DLF Phase IV, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002 India
LSAT Exam Pattern 2018
The LSAT examination pattern is as follows; here provides an overall view of the LSAT entrance examination.
- Mode of Exam: The LSAT 2018 examination will be conducted through offline mode i.e, pen and paper based test.
- Exam Sections: There will be 4 sections in LSAT Entrance Examination. Each section has number of questions.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
- No of Questions: There will be 96 questions in LSAT Entrance Examination.
- Exam Duration: The duration LSAT entrance examination is Two hours and 20 minutes i.e, 140 minutes. 35 minutes are allocated to each section separately.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry a +1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking in LSAT entrance Examination. So that candidate can answer any question without the fear of losing marks.
- Total Marks: The maximum mark that can be attained by a candidate in LSAT entrance examination is 96 marks.
NOTE: The pattern may change according to final decision of the authority of LSAT Entrance Exam.
LSAT Exam Centres 2018
The LSAT India 2018 exam will be conducted at various locations within India; candidate can prefer any of the nearest centres for to appear for LSAT Entrance Examination.
The Test Centres in India are:
- North: Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow
- South: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- East: Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi
- West: Ahmadabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur
LSAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will change according to the course and stream for which a candidate is applying for. The syllabus for each course will be decided by the conducting authority.
The LSAT 2018 entrance examination will include questions from various areas in order to test the candidate’s ability to solve different types of questions. The sections in LSAT will be:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning – I
- Logical Reasoning – II
- Reading Comprehension
From each of these sections, 24 questions will be asked. Which will consists of a total of 96 questions in LSAT 2018 Entrance Examination.
LSAT Admit Card 2018
The Admit card for the candidates will be available during the month of May 2018. Candidates need to login into their account in the official website of ISI in order to download the Admit card, which is essential for their Entrance Exam and to know their examination centre, duration of exam and etc. Admit card is not available by post. In case of loss of admit card students are not permitted to enter the Examination hall. Candidates are also requested to hold any of the valid ID proof along with the admit card.
LSAT Result 2018
The rank list of LSAT 2018 will be published in the official website during the Month of June 2018. Candidates can check their ranks, by login into their account via entering Registration number, date of birth (DOB) or other details. The candidates with minimum marks i.e, above cut-off marks will be included in merit and the list will be published by ISI committee. The selected candidates will be called by institutions for Counseling process.
LSAT 2018 Counseling
Candidates are invited for Counseling process based on the rank of the candidates scored in the LSAT 2018 entrance examination. The short listed candidates can get into the campus for their admission process. All the selected candidates are requested to carry their original certificates, proofs and etc documents which are necessary for them.