NCHMCT JEE 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Results
NCHMCT JEE 2018 is a national level entrance exam which has been conducted for those candidates who wishes to get admission in Hotel management courses offered by the participating institutions. National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) organizes the JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) to provide admission in three years of B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel management courses. Through this exam, candidates will get admission in various NCHMCT affiliated institutions across the country. In detailed view, NCHMCT JEE is being organized for providing Admission in to B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration and 9 other structured courses of study offered by 19 government, 21 central, 14 private and 01 public sector undertaking hotel management institutes.
Before applying for the exam, candidates must have to refer the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria for the examination.
Age Limit: For General and OBC categories candidates, the upper age limit will be 22 years as or on 1st July 2018. For Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, the upper age limit will be 25 years as on or 1st July 2018.
Qualification Eligibility: Candidates must have passed in 12th or its equivalent from any government recognized board/university. The candidates must have to qualify the qualifying exam with English as one of the subjects. Candidates those who are appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear.
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Exam Important Dates
Following table refers to the tentative dates of examination process. Candidates can refer this table for their self awareness.
|Online application form starting from||2nd week of December 2017|
|Sale of offline application form starting||3rd week of December 2017|
|Last date to accept filled-in application form||2nd week of April 2018|
|Downloading of the admit card from the official website||3rd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2018|
|Result announcement||3rd week of May 2018|
|Counseling starting from||Last week of May 2018 and 1st week of June 2018|
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Application Form
For appearing in the exam, candidates must have to apply for the examination either through online or offline mode. Following points will help while filling the application form.
- The application form will be published in offline and online modes.
- The offline mode application form will be released from 3rd week of December 2017 in affiliated institute, NCHMT offices, Noida.
- The online application form filling process will start from 2nd week of December 2017 to 2nd week of April 2018.
- Candidates must have to fill all the mandatory details in the application form carefully.
- Candidates must have to upload their scanned image of recent photograph (online mode).
- For offline mode application, the filled application form must have to be sent by registered post/speed post to the given address:
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology,
A-34, Sector 62, Noida-201309
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Application Fee
After filling up the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee. Without the payment of application fee, no application form will be accepted from any candidate. Following points refers to the detailed view of application fee.
- The Application fee will be vary for both online and offline mode.
- Candidates can make the payment through online mode using Credit/Debit Card or can be done offline through Demand Draft.
- The detailed view of application fee is mentioned here:
- For Offline Mode:
GEN or OBC Category candidates – Rs. 900/-.
SC/ST/PD Category candidates – Rs. 450/-.
- For Online Mode:
GEN or OBC Category candidates – Rs. 800/-.
SC/ST/PD Category candidates – Rs. 400/-.
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Exam Pattern
For getting higher marks in the examination, candidates must have the adequate knowledge in the exam pattern. Following are the main points of exam pattern.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The medium of the question paper will be English & Hindi
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be a total number of 200 questions asked in the examination.
- For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Subjects in exam||Marks|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Syllabus
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus will be having of the subjects such as Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs and English Language components. Students must have to go through the complete syllabus prescribed for the examination.
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Preparation Tips
- Candidates should select best books & study material of best authors/publications.
- Revision will be the key to success, so do revision daily.
- Time management for each subject will help in covering all subjects.
- Refer previous year question papers for better result.
- Candidates should have the proper knowledge about the exam syllabus and exam pattern.
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded via online mode from the official website. The admit card will not be sent by postal mode to any candidate. Students must have to download their admit card from third week of April 2018. Students must have to take two print outs of the admit card which has to be duly self attested for submitting in the examination hall.
NCHMCT JEE 2018 Result
The result will be announced on the official website, http://nchm.nic.in/ in the third week of May, 2018. The All India merit list will also be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination. Students will be called for counseling process according to the merit list.
NCHMCT JEE Counseling
The admission will be given on the basis of All India Rank (AIR) obtained by the candidate in the written test. The counseling process will be conducted in different rounds. In the counseling process, candidates must have to fill their preferences of colleges for admission process. Allotment of Institutions will be done as per the merit (AIR) and choice of Institutions filled by the candidates.
Documents needed at the time of counseling/Admission:
- 10th & 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- NCHMCT JEE 2018 Rank Card & Admit Card.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- DOB Certificate.
- PH certificate (if applicable).