NEET 2018: Application, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2018 is the national level entrance test exam for medical, and the CBSE board regulates it. It is held for providing the admission in the MBBS or BDS courses which is offered by all the government and private medical colleges in India. This is a single tier examination, and it is held once in a year in the month of May. All the seats of medical and dental colleges will be filled based on the score of NEET examination only.
NEET 2018, as per the instructions of Honorable Supreme court of India and central government,will be conducted by the central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi and Medical Council of India (MCI). The Responsibility of CBSE is to conduct entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to counseling authorities and admitting institutions.
NEET is conducting Entrance Test for giving admission in MBBS and BDS courses in Medical/Dental colleges run under MCI and DCI (Dental Council of India) under Union Ministry of Health Family Welfare, Government of India.
The applicants who are wishing to write the NEET 2018 have to apply before the last date of application. The commencement of application is expecting on first week of December 2016.
- 1 NEET 2018 Notification
- 2 NEET 2018 Exam Date
- 3 NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 NEET Application Form 2018
- 5 NEET 2018 Examination Pattern
- 6 NEET 2018 Syllabus
- 7 NEET 2018 Admit Card
- 8 NEET 2018 Answer Key
- 9 NEET 2018 Cut Off Marks
- 10 NEET 2018 Seat Reservation
- 11 NEET 2018 Result
- 12 NEET 2018 Counseling Process
NEET 2018 Notification
NEET 2018 Notification has been released by the Authority and the application forms are available from 31st January to 1st March 2018.
|Name||Contact Number||E-Mail ID||Timings|
|General Contactemail@example.com||9:00 AM -7:00 PM|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|email@example.com||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Special Helpline||9599590192, 9599590193, 9599590194, 9599590195, firstname.lastname@example.org||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
NEET 2018 Exam Date
The NEET 2018 exam date and other important dates and details regarding the same is now out. You can check it below.
Check NEET 2018 Important Dates below:
|Commencement of Online Registration||31st January 2018|
|Last Date of Application Submission||1st March 2018 (Till 12:00 midnight)|
|Last Date of Application Submission||1st March 2018|
|Admit card Download||15th April 2018|
|NEET 2018 Exam Date||7th May 2018|
|Display of OMR Sheet||2nd Week of May 2018|
|Answer Key Publication||4thWeek of May 2018|
|NEET 2018 Result Declaration||8th June 2018|
|Commencement of Counseling||3rd Week of June 2018|
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to appear for the NEET 2018 examination there are some criteria that should be satisfied by the candidates.
Here is the complete list of Eligibility criteria for the Candidates:
- Applicants must be Indian citizen or Overseas citizen of India (OCI)
- He /she have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission on or will complete the age on or before 1st December of the year of his/ her admission.
- Upper age limit of candidate seeking admission is 25 years as on 31st December of admission year. The relaxation for reserved candidate is 5 years.
- The applicants must have qualified 12th standard or equivalent examination from recognized board with Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Mathematics.
- The applicants must have scored minimum 50% of marks in m through main subjects for general category 50% and 40% for SC/ST/OBC.
NEET 2018 Age Limit
The maximum age limit for applying to the examination is now restricted to 25, and 30 for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
NEET Application Form 2018
Here is the step-by-step procedure to register for NEET 2018Examination:
TheMode of submission of application form is only through online by logging on to NEET website. The candidates can make payment through any Debit/ Credit card or by using offline payment through e-challan. Application fees for different categories are as follows:
- For General OBC- Rs 1000/-(with fine Rs 2000/-)
- For SC/ST/PH- Rs 550/-(with fine Rs 1550/-)
Reserved seats for each category are mentioned as per the ordinance passed by Government of India.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Fill the online application form and note down the registration number
- Upload the photo, signature and right hand index finger impression
- Make payment of fee through credit/debit card, net-banking or by e-challan
- Print the conformation page after successful remittance of fee.
The candidate is required to mention his/her own or parent’s mobile number. One mobile number and e-mail id can be used for filling one application only as all information regarding test will be send by CBSE on registered mobile number and e-mail ID.
Keep the following documents for future reference:
- Proof of remittance of fee
- Computer generated conformation page of online application.
- Copy of the system generated self Declaration in respect of candidate from Andra Pradesh, Telegana and Jammu& Kashmir who have opted for seats under 15% of All India Quota.
- The applicants have to send their conformation page along with the necessary documents at this address.
The Assisstant Secretary(NEET),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2,Community Centre, Preet Vihar,
NEET 2018 Application Fee
|Category||Application Fee (without fine)||Application Fee (with fine)|
|General Candidates||₹ 1400/-||₹ 2800/- (1400+1400)|
|OBC Candidates||₹ 1400/-||₹ 2800/- (1400+1400)|
|SC/ ST/ PH Candidates||₹ 750/-||₹ 2150/- (750+1400)|
NEET Exam Statistics from Previous Years
|Year||Total Applicants||Total Appeared|
NEET 2018 Examination Pattern
Examination is conducting through offline mode with duration of 3 hours. NEET 2018 syllabus will comprises of four subjects are Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany.
Objective type questions are appearing in the question paper. The candidates have to select the correct optional answer. The question paper consist of 180 questions from above mentioned subjects. Each subjects having 45 numbers of questions. Each question carries 4 marks and for incorrect response one mark will be deducted. Candidates s should prepare for the exam as per officially prescribed syllabus. The syllabus will be notified By the MCI.
The applicants have to appear exam with the admit card which can be download from official website. Admit card include candidate’s name, date of birth, signature, photo, father’s name, category, roll number and examination Centre. The applicant can’t attend exam without admit card.
NEET 2018 Syllabus
- NEET syllabus will compress in the four subjects.
- The question will be asked from Physics, chemistry, zoology and botany.
- It will 11th and 12th board academic syllabus
- Few questions are asked from the other board syllabus also.
NEET 2018 Participating Institutes
The following institutes all over India are participating in NEET 2018 Entrance Examination.
AMU, AFMC, BHU, IPU, KLEU, Manipal University,KIIT University, Katihar Medical College, APMC, RIMS, BLDE University, Amrita Unviversity, GITAM University, Adesh University, SRM University, Sikkim Manipal University.
NEET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the NEET 2018 examination will be available in the official website of CBSE in 15th April 2018. Candidates can download and keep it with them for carrying along for the examination center. All the candidates are required to go through the details described in the admit card and verify all of them. In case of any correction found, immediately contact the help desk of the exam conducting body and ask for the correction.
NEET 2018 Answer Key
NEET 2018 Answer Key will be released officially in the 4th week of May 2018. After the official release by CBSE, candidates can check and compare with your answers to get an overall idea about the chance of getting admission in reputed colleges all over India. Also, if you believe that any of the answers provided in the answer key is wrong you can contact the concerned authority to clarify it. While doing so, produce any valid and reputed sources to justify that the answer provided in the key is wrong.
NEET 2018 Cut Off Marks
The NEET 2018 cut off marks will be published by the CBSE along with the announcement of the result. It will depend on several factors including, number of candidates appeared, complexity of the paper, seat availability in different colleges. Meanwhile you can get a rough idea about the cut off marks by observing the last year’s cut off marks provided below.
|Category||Percentile Marks||No. of Candidates|
|UR & PH||40th Percentile||437|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||597|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||143|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||36|
Candidates can check the below given list of opening and closing ranks in the top 10 Medical Colleges in India.
|Medical Colleges||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|MaulanaAzad Medical College, New Delhi||1||7643|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||35||11397|
|B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad||71||20508|
|Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh||73||5109|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||82||22347|
|Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur||99||56117|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||104||58243|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||162||114921|
|Medical College, Kolkata||178||196096|
|Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||228||30268|
NEET 2018 Seat Reservation
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
NEET 2018 Result
NEET 2018 Result will be published on 8th June 2018 on the official website of CBSE. After the announcement of the results, the NEET 2018 OMR Sheets will be available for candidates in the 2nd week of May 2018.
NEET 2018 Counseling Process
NEET 2018 counseling will be held after the declaration of results and cut-off marks. The counseling process is conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Directorate General of Health Sciences. All the qualified candidates can register for NEET 2018 Counseling. To do so, follow the below procedures.
- Register online: In the official website register for the counseling by giving your roll no. name, date of birth, mobile number etc. Login with the credential got after registering for further procedures.
- Choice selection and Locking: Candidates have to make choices of their desired colleges. Once the same has done, lock the choices.
- Seat Allotment: Seat allotment will be done in 3 phases. The allotment of the seats will be based on the rank in NEET 2018 and the choices provided by the candidate.
If you have any queries related to NEET 2018, please don’t hesitate to ask us. Just leave a comment below and we will get back to you very soon.