National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) provides various programmes under Graduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG) courses within India. The courses are Bachelor of Fashion Design (B.F.Des), Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech), Master of Fashion Design (M.F.Des), Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech), Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M). NIFT every year conducts an entrance exam called NIFT Entrance Exam for the candidates to seek admission in their desired Fashion and Technology course. This article will give you an in-depth idea about the upcoming NIFT 2018 entrance examination.
NIFT Notification 2018
The NIFT 2018 notifications are available now. Candidates can continuously monitor the official web portal of NIFT to know more about notifications, applications, exam dates etc. Here provides tentative dates of all events of NIFT 2018.
NIFT Organizing Authority
NIFT Entrance exam is conducted in every year by the institute of Fashion and Technology namely NIFT. All notifications are published by NIFT in their respective web portal. The rules and Regulations for NIFT entrance exam are created and maintained by the conducting authority.
NIFT Important Dates 2018
Here provides NIFT 2018-19 Entrance Exam dates which are Tentative. But candidates can go through it to get an overall idea of NIFT application to result announcement events. The Tentative dates are as follows;
|Online Applications will open on||October 2018, 3rd week|
|Last date for Applying online||January 2018, 2nd week|
|Dead line for online application, with Rs.5000/- as fine||January 2018, 3rd week|
|Admit card release||January 2018, 3rd week or 4th week|
|NIFT Exam||February 2018, 2nd week|
|Group Discussion (GD)/ Situation Test/ Interview||April 2018 to May 2018|
|Final Result will be available on||May 2018 or June 2018|
|Counseling Process will starts from||June 2018|
NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria will be different according to the courses for which the candidate is seeking admission for. Before applying for NIFT, candidates are advised to check whether they are eligible or not to apply. The basic eligibility criteria are as follows;
The age limit for various under graduate (UG) course, post graduate (PG) course is;
|Under Graduate (UG) Course|
|Post Graduate (Pg) Course||No prescribed age limit|
NIFT Application Form 2018
The candidates can apply for NIFT 2018, by checking their eligibility criteria first. The Date of online application process will be published on the web site of conducting authority.
- Candidates can apply for NIFT entrance exam through online mode from the NIFT web site.
- The application fee has to be paid during 4rd week of January 2018.
- After applying for NIFT candidates are advised to take print out of the application form submitted, for further reference if necessary.
- The last date for applying online with a fine of Rs.5000/- is 3rd week of January 2018.
- The application fee can be paid through either online or offline mode.
For Online mode candidates can use either
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
For Offline mode candidate cans use either
- Bank Challan
- Demand Draft (DD)
- For candidates whom are paying their fee as Demand Draft will need to pay the fee in favour of “NIFT HO” and payable at New Delhi.
- After Making Payment via Demand Draft (DD) candidates are advised to send the application form along with DD to the following address;
Project Manager – CMS, All India Management Association, Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
The application fee of NIFT 2018-19 will vary depending on the category of candidates applying for NIFT entrance exam. The fees can be paid either via online or offline mode. The application fees are as follows;
- For General (GEN)/ Other Backward Category (OBC) Candidates, application fee is 1500/-
- For Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH), the application fee is 750/-
NIFT Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern of NIFT 2018 entrance examination is as follows;
- Mode of Exam: NIFT exams are conducted in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: The questions are of multiple choice objective type questions.
- Medium of Language: Questions will be asked in English language only.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will change based on the course type.
- For B.F.Des, M.F.Des exam duration is Two hours i.e, 120 minutes.
- For B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech, M.F.M exam duration is Three hours i.e, 180 minutes.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking scheme. So candidates can choose any answer without the fear of losing their marks.
- Selection Test: The selection process differs for various courses. For a candidate to qualify in NIFT 2018 he/she should pass the entire test described below;
|M.F.Tech / M.F.M|
NIFT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of NIFT admission course will vary depending upon the selection test.
- For General Ability Test (GAT) Questions will be asked from:
- General Knowledge
- English Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Communicative Ability
- Analytical Ability
- Logical Ability and Case Study ( In case of Technological course only)
- For Creative Ability Test (CAT) it will test;
- The innovative and creative idea of candidates in designing.
- For Situation Test Evaluate candidates skills for
- Material Ability.
- Innovative Ability.
- For Group Discussion (GD)
- Discussion on a case study.
NIFT Admit Card 2018
The admit card for candidates who has been applied for NIFT 2018 exam will be available during 3rd or 4th week of January 2018. The candidates can download their admit card from the official web site of conducting authority. It’s also advised to keep the admit card until the whole process gets over. In case of loss of admit card candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall.
NIFT 2018 Result
The final result of NIFT 2018 entrance exam will be declared during May/ June of 2018. The Result for various courses is based on different tests conducted by the university.
- For B.F.Tech the result will based only on GAT Exam.
- For B.F. Des the final result will be based on the candidate’s performance on GAT, CAT and Situation Test.
- For M.F.Des the final result will be based on GAT, CAT and GD/ PI.
- For M.F.Tech, M.F.M the final result will depend on GAT, GD/ PI.
NIFT 2018 Counseling
The eligible candidates are called for Counseling process during June 2018. The date and time of Counseling process will be notified in the official web portal of NIFT. Candidates can continuously monitor to get details of the same. All the candidates are requested to download their score card for the Counseling process, along with original certificates and documents.