NIN MSc Entrance 2018: Eligibility, Application, syllabus, Results

NIN MSc Entrance 2018National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) is going to invite application for admission of Msc courses for 2018. The entrance examination for admission is going to be started in the month of June 2018. It is conducted by the Institute of admission to Msc course at NIN, Hyderabad. It is affiliated to Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS), Warangal, Telangana for the academic year 2017-19. The duration of M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) degree course will be two years on full time basis. Out of the total 16 seats available, 6 are reserved for State Quota (i.e. for applicants from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh) and 10 are reserved for Central quota (i.e. for applicants from other States of India). In order to get admissions, candidates need to apply for the entrance examination conducted.  Candidates are advised to see the regulations regarding the entrance examination and admissions given below.

NIN MSc 2018 Entrance Eligibility Criteria

Candidates for admission to M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) Course should check their eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.

Candidates should have passed in any of the following examinations from University of Andhra Pradesh or from any other University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or equivalent.

Qualifications

1. MBBS
  2. B.Sc. (Nutrition)
  • B.Sc. (Home Science)
  1. B.Sc. (with Biochemistry or Nutrition as one of the major subjects)
  2. B.Sc. Nursing

To get admission into M. Sc (Applied Nutrition) course, candidates should have a maximum age of 50 years by 31st December 2016. Maximum age shall be relaxed by 3 years in case of SC/ST.

NIN MSc 2018 Exam Dates

Date of Examination : 19th July 2018

Candidates those who are applying for the entrance examination are advised to check the dates given below:

Events of examination Dates
Application begins 18-05-2018
Application ends 5.00 PM on 04-06-2018
Display of list of eligible candidates for entrance test 21.6.2018
Issue of Admit cards 4.7.2018
Date of examination 19th July, 2018
Declaration of results To be Notified
Counseling  begins To be Notified
Class begins from To be Notified
Admissions closure 14-08-2018

NIN M.Sc Entrance 2018 Application

Aspiring candidates can register for the entrance test by getting the application forms along with the prospectus. It can be obtained from the Head of the Department, Publications, Extension & Training Division, National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai – Osmania PO, Hyderabad- 500 007 or can be downloaded from the official website (i.e. www.ninindia.org or www.knruhs.in) from June 2018. Applicants must be careful to submit the application forms before the last date. Applications which will receives after the last date, will be rejected. Fill the application form without mistakes.

Download Application Form and Prospectus

Download Application Form

Download Prospectus

Application Fee

After filling the application form it has to be sent, along with a Demand Draft for Rs.3000/- (for OC/BC/OBC candidates) and Rs.2700/- (for SC/ST candidates) as registration Fee from any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “The Director, NIN” payable at Hyderabad. Also necessary enclosures specifying the quota (State or Central) should be submitted to “The HoD, Publication, Extension and Training Division, National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai – Osmania P.O., Hyderabad-500007, Telangana State before the last date.

For other details, please visit the official websites.

NIN M.Sc Entrance 2018 Exam Pattern & syllabus

The Entrance Test shall be of objective type. There will be 100 multiple choice questions and each question carries one mark. The time allotted for the test is 90 minutes. Question paper and instructions will be in English language. The SC and ST candidates needs to score minimum 30 marks and other candidates needs to score minimum 40 marks in aggregate. Questions will be distributed as follows:

Subjects No. of questions Marks
Nutrition 40 40
Biochemistry 25 25
Physiology 25 25
Microbiology 10 10
Total 100 100

Exam preparation tips

So candidates will have more pressure while attending the examination proper studying and lot of hard work is important for attending the exam. So, here are some tips to minimize your stress level.

• Candidates those who are attending the examination must have detailed knowledge about the Mode, Duration, and Type of questions, Marking scheme, pattern, number of questions, syllabus, total marks and other necessary details regarding the exam which they are going to attend.
  • Time management is an important factor that candidates face. Those who are preparing for the entrance examination needs to attend variety of online mock tests as much as possible.
  • Also the candidates have to solve previous years’ question papers, Use reference books, or can join a coaching institute to make the exam easier.
  • Candidates must note the important concepts and formulas while studying and can revise it before the examination.
  • Also prepare for the interview round (if applicable).
  • Candidates should be careful to obey all the rules and regulations laid down by the exam authorities. Also try to reach the examination hall 30 minutes before the examination time allotted. *Don’t forget to bring your admit card for the exam venue.

NIN MSc Entrance 2018 Admit Card

Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website. Candidates must note the time and venue of the examination carefully. Candidates must bring the admit card in the exam centre. Without the admit card candidates will not be allowed to write the exam. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card for further process and has to be submitted at the time of admission.

NIN MSc Entrance 2018 Result

M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) entrance examination results will be published in the official website itself. List of shortlisted candidates will be posted on the official website,http://ninindia.org. On the basis of the performance in the entrance examination, a separate merit list of candidates will be prepared and they are shortlisted for counseling process.

NIN M.Sc 2018 Selection process

Candidates will be selected on the basis of the score obtained in M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) entrance examination. Candidates need to submit all required documents at the time of counseling.

52 Comments
  1. Notify me when 2018 admission will start.

2. my qualification is B.D.S can I am eligible for this entrance exam…

mothkupally lipriya 10/04/2018 at 8:52 PM

Namasthe..sir
      I have bsc applied nutrion course complite so i have apply for msc entrance but i have one more dout please clarify

Q:Telngana state in which seates available

• My qualification is Food and nutrition (general) graduate..Can I eligible for this examination and Can I apply MSc course..

• Hi Prity Howly,

Glad to see you here

If you have Bsc certificate in nutrition courses then
        You are eligible to apply for the exam. Also if bsc have completed with nutrition as subject then also you are eligible for the same.
        Hope you got the answer
        Keep visiting

Regards
        CAREERYUGA TEAM

• Prity Howly 01/02/2018 at 9:30 PM

Thank you for your reply…Please inform me when admission is started 2018..
          I am really want to admitted NIN for Msc Course

• Its available Now and ends on 04-06-2018 (Tomorrow)

3. I have BSc degree in Zoology. Can I apply for MSc in nutrition?

• Hi Sandeep,

We are happy to see you here. Unfortunately you are not eligible for this examination. You may have a look into the eligibility criteria to get related information.

Regards

CAREERYUGA TEAM

4. can you please notify once the admission form is out please!!

5. Please give an information about notification when it is out,and please send me the Msc program schedule..

6. sir i would like to join the msc applied nutrition course please inform me once applications opens for entrance exam

7. Sir, I would like to apply for M.Sc Nutrition,I am persuing my final year B.Sc degree in MicroBiology (MbZC) Can i apply for this?

8. Completed my B.sc nursing..
    When ll start admission in 2018..

9. Hlo Sir, I have have three doubts :-
    1.I am final year student of BSc. Nutrition, am I eligible for this exam?
    2.what are the opportunities after completing MSc. in Nutrition from this college ?
    3.What others good colleges for this course?
    Please reply

10. Hello sir
    Are b bpharm students eligible for MSc applied nutrition
    As we have bio chemistry as a subject in our graduation thanks in advance

11. Hello mam ;i am doing bsc medical .is i am eligible for applying msc dietetics n nutrition

12. Hello, is applied nutrition th only courseNIN is offering or there are some other courses as well ??

13. Is there any coaching center for this entrance exam
    How can I get model paper
    Is there any materials that need to be followed
    Please inform me

14. My qualification is B.sc (life science) passed out 2013 can I apply for M.sc nutrition

15. Hello sir…. I have studied BSC(bzc) with botany, zoology and chemistry. Can I apply for nutrition…plzz inform as soon as possible

16. madam/sir,
    my qualification bsc(botanay,zoology and chemistry)
    and i have food and nutrition certifict in IGNOU
    iam eligible for,

Thank You.

17. Can you please notify me when admission process 2018 will start.

18. I am from chhattisgarh state.Can I apply online for this enterance exam?

• Candidates for admission to M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) Course should have passed in any of the following examinations of the University of Andhra Pradesh or any other University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as equivalent thereto.

Qualifications:
      i. MBBS
      ii. B.Sc. (Nutrition)
      iii. B.Sc. (Home Science)
      iv. B.Sc. (with Biochemistry or Nutrition as one of the major subjects)
      v. B.Sc. Nursing

19. I am studying B.Tech in biotechnology stream I m interested in doing this course will I be eligible in taking this course

20. Can I apply for the MSc entrance for nutrition now..??

21. Reply
    Shubhika swarnkar 05/07/2018 at 12:17 PM

Can you tell any coaching Institute from where i can get coaching for Nin entrance exam preparation.. i m doing b.sc. honours in food and nutrition.. my 4th year is running

22. Reply
    Sai Tanooja Reddy 06/07/2018 at 10:12 AM

Can I apply for MSc nutrition with the degree of Pharmacy.D (Doctor of Pharmacy)?

23. Can I get a proper syllabus for the entrance

24. Where to check results?

25. When will be the result?

26. My daughter scored 5 th rank in open category in state quota will she get seat. Kindly reply

27. Could you please share previous year question papers conducted by National Insitute of Nutrition for M.Sc in Nutrition & Sports Nutrition.

28. Can u plz list down reference books for nutrition entrance

29. Reply
    kanishka upadhyay 05/10/2018 at 10:28 PM

Hello.
    I have done my graduation in Bsc.(hons) Biochemistryand have studied Nutritional biochemistry in one semester. Am I eligible for Msc. Applied nutrition?
    Please Please do reply.its urgent.
    Thanks in advance.

30. Reply
    Ankita somvanshi 31/10/2018 at 1:23 PM

Hello I’m food technology student .Can I eligible for applied nutrition course?

31. Please suggest me books for entrance MSc (nutrition) into NIN and Osmania university…plz reply me

32. Plzz upload the 2018 entrance exam solved question paper….or the link of previous year question paper…plzzzz

33. Plzz upload the previous year solved question papers of NIN msc entrance exam or upload the link plzzzzzzz

34. Iam done my degree in B. S. C (BZC) can I apply for nutrition course

35. Plz suggest best reference books for NIN msc.nutrition entrance exam

36. Pls suggest reference books for msc sports nutrition entrance

37. Sir where l find this type of institute or coaching for study , pls send me weblink and where l get previous year question papers ??

38. What is the syllabus of nin msc entrance exam?