NIN MSc Entrance 2018: Eligibility, Application, syllabus, Results
National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) is going to invite application for admission of Msc courses for 2018. The entrance examination for admission is going to be started in the month of June 2018. It is conducted by the Institute of admission to Msc course at NIN, Hyderabad. It is affiliated to Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS), Warangal, Telangana for the academic year 2017-19. The duration of M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) degree course will be two years on full time basis. Out of the total 16 seats available, 6 are reserved for State Quota (i.e. for applicants from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh) and 10 are reserved for Central quota (i.e. for applicants from other States of India). In order to get admissions, candidates need to apply for the entrance examination conducted. Candidates are advised to see the regulations regarding the entrance examination and admissions given below.
- 1 NIN MSc 2018 Entrance Eligibility Criteria
- 2 NIN MSc 2018 Exam Dates
- 3 NIN M.Sc Entrance 2018 Application
- 4 NIN M.Sc Entrance 2018 Exam Pattern & syllabus
- 5 Exam preparation tips
- 6 NIN MSc Entrance 2018 Admit Card
- 7 NIN MSc Entrance 2018 Result
- 8 NIN M.Sc 2018 Selection process
NIN MSc 2018 Entrance Eligibility Criteria
Candidates for admission to M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) Course should check their eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.
Candidates should have passed in any of the following examinations from University of Andhra Pradesh or from any other University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Nutrition)
- B.Sc. (Home Science)
- B.Sc. (with Biochemistry or Nutrition as one of the major subjects)
- B.Sc. Nursing
To get admission into M. Sc (Applied Nutrition) course, candidates should have a maximum age of 50 years by 31st December 2016. Maximum age shall be relaxed by 3 years in case of SC/ST.
NIN MSc 2018 Exam Dates
Date of Examination : 19th July 2018
Candidates those who are applying for the entrance examination are advised to check the dates given below:
|Events of examination||Dates|
|Application ends||5.00 PM on 04-06-2018|
|Display of list of eligible candidates for entrance test||21.6.2018|
|Issue of Admit cards||4.7.2018|
|Date of examination||19th July, 2018|
|Declaration of results||To be Notified|
|Counseling begins||To be Notified|
|Class begins from||To be Notified|
NIN M.Sc Entrance 2018 Application
Aspiring candidates can register for the entrance test by getting the application forms along with the prospectus. It can be obtained from the Head of the Department, Publications, Extension & Training Division, National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai – Osmania PO, Hyderabad- 500 007 or can be downloaded from the official website (i.e. www.ninindia.org or www.knruhs.in) from June 2018. Applicants must be careful to submit the application forms before the last date. Applications which will receives after the last date, will be rejected. Fill the application form without mistakes.
Download Application Form and Prospectus
After filling the application form it has to be sent, along with a Demand Draft for Rs.3000/- (for OC/BC/OBC candidates) and Rs.2700/- (for SC/ST candidates) as registration Fee from any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “The Director, NIN” payable at Hyderabad. Also necessary enclosures specifying the quota (State or Central) should be submitted to “The HoD, Publication, Extension and Training Division, National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai – Osmania P.O., Hyderabad-500007, Telangana State before the last date.
For other details, please visit the official websites.
NIN M.Sc Entrance 2018 Exam Pattern & syllabus
The Entrance Test shall be of objective type. There will be 100 multiple choice questions and each question carries one mark. The time allotted for the test is 90 minutes. Question paper and instructions will be in English language. The SC and ST candidates needs to score minimum 30 marks and other candidates needs to score minimum 40 marks in aggregate. Questions will be distributed as follows:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks|
Exam preparation tips
So candidates will have more pressure while attending the examination proper studying and lot of hard work is important for attending the exam. So, here are some tips to minimize your stress level.
- Candidates those who are attending the examination must have detailed knowledge about the Mode, Duration, and Type of questions, Marking scheme, pattern, number of questions, syllabus, total marks and other necessary details regarding the exam which they are going to attend.
- Time management is an important factor that candidates face. Those who are preparing for the entrance examination needs to attend variety of online mock tests as much as possible.
- Also the candidates have to solve previous years’ question papers, Use reference books, or can join a coaching institute to make the exam easier.
- Candidates must note the important concepts and formulas while studying and can revise it before the examination.
- Also prepare for the interview round (if applicable).
- Candidates should be careful to obey all the rules and regulations laid down by the exam authorities. Also try to reach the examination hall 30 minutes before the examination time allotted. *Don’t forget to bring your admit card for the exam venue.
NIN MSc Entrance 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website. Candidates must note the time and venue of the examination carefully. Candidates must bring the admit card in the exam centre. Without the admit card candidates will not be allowed to write the exam. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card for further process and has to be submitted at the time of admission.
NIN MSc Entrance 2018 Result
M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) entrance examination results will be published in the official website itself. List of shortlisted candidates will be posted on the official website,http://ninindia.org. On the basis of the performance in the entrance examination, a separate merit list of candidates will be prepared and they are shortlisted for counseling process.
NIN M.Sc 2018 Selection process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the score obtained in M.Sc. (Applied Nutrition) entrance examination. Candidates need to submit all required documents at the time of counseling.