PMET 2018: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Results
Punjab Medical Entrance Test (PMET) is a Competitive Entrance Examination which is conducted by Baba Farid University of Health and Science, Faridkot. The PMET state level entrance examination is organized in order to select the best candidates for admission to several of their Under Graduate (UG) medical courses in various government and private colleges/ Institutions of Punjab. The UG courses offered by the university are MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BHMS. Candidates who wish to seek admission under Baba Farid University of Health and Science must have to apply for PMET 2018. Normally the exams are carried out during the month of May. About 85% of the total seats are reserved for domiciles of Punjab itself, while the remaining 15% if offered for the candidates outside Punjab. There are about 20 medical and dental colleges in the state of Punjab, which carries admission through PMET.
PMET 2018 Notifications
The PMET 2018 notifications will be available in the official web site of Baba Farid University of Health and Science, http://bfuhs.ac.in/ . The notification will include important details such as opening of application process, closing date, date of admit card release, entrance exam date and etc information’s.
PMET 2018 Conducting Authority
The PMET 2018 exam will be organized by the authority of Baba Farid University of Health and Science in every year, after the announcement of notification, candidates can get to know more information about the exam and pattern. All the rules and regulations are decided by the conducting authority.
PMET 2018 Important Dates
The Important dates of PMET 2018 will be published in the official web site by the conducting authority. Candidates can access to the web portal to get continuous updates of events. Here provides the tentative dates of various events; it may change according to the final decision of the exam conducting authority.
|Important Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Prospectus can be collected from (through both online and offline mode)||April 2018|
|Deadline for applying through online for PMET 2018||April 2018|
|Last Date for the submitting the online application with late fee||May 2018|
|Final date for submission of application fee||May 2018|
|Release of Admit card for PMET 2018||May 2018|
|PMET 2018 Entrance Exam Date||May 2018|
|Declaration of PMET 2018 Result||May 2018|
|The counselling process will be starts from||July 2018|
PMET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PMET 2018 Entrance Examination is as follows; Candidate can scroll through it, to get an absolute idea of qualification needed for each course.
The applying candidate must be a bonafide resident of Punjab.
- Candidate must have to complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of
- 50% aggregate mark for General (GEN) candidate.
- 40% mark for Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Backward Classes (BC)
- 45% for Person with Disability
From Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology taken together along with English.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for PMET 2018.
PMET 2018 Age Limit
The minimum age in order to apply for PMET 2018 Entrance Examination is 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
PMET 2018 Application Form
The application form will be available during the month of April 2018. Before applying for exam, candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria. The application form will be available both in online mode and offline mode.
- Candidate can apply through online mode, by accessing the official website of Baba Farid University of Health and Science.
- Before filling up the application, candidates are advised go through the guidelines provided by the authority.
- The application form needs to fill carefully.
- Candidates have to enter their personal details, educational details, recent passport size photo, digital signature and other information.
- After submitting application form by the candidate, e-Challan will be provided by the authority for remittance of their application fee.
- All candidates are requested to take the print out of the submitted application form for further reference if necessary.
PMET 2018 Application Fee
The application fee for PMET 2018 Entrance Examination will be based on the category of the candidates applying for. Candidates can collect the prospectus by remitting Rs.200/-. The application fee is as follows;
- For General (GEN) category, the application fee is Rs.5000/-
- For Scheduled Cast (SC), the fee is Rs.2500/-
The application fee can be paid by the candidate through e-Challan only from the Oriental Bank of Commerce. Candidates will get the Challan after the successful submission of the application form. Candidates can also pay the application fee with a late fee of Rs.3000/-.
PMET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of PMET 2018 is described below; so candidates can get an overall view of the entrance examination in order to prepare for.
- Mode of the Exam: The Examination will be held in online mode i.e Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Medium of the language: The question paper will be asked in English or Hindi language. Candidate can write the exam by using any of the flexible language.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
- No of Questions: The number of questions in PMET 2018 will be 200.
- Exam Duration: The total time for the entrance examination is 3 hours i.e, 180 minutes in total.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer attempted by the candidate, +4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking scheme for PMET 2018.
- Total Marks: The maximum mark that can be attained by a candidate is 800, from each of the subjects;
- Physics (200 Marks)
- Chemistry (200 Marks)
- Botany (200 Marks)
- Zoology (200 marks)
PMET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for PMET 2018 will be based on the basic 10+2 levels. All the questions will be asked from various subjects such as,
50 questions will be asked from each of these subjects. The detailed syllabus will be published by the university, when the notification of exam releases. Preparation based on the syllabus, will help the candidate to secure higher marks in PMET 2018.
PMET 2018 Reservation Category
There will be reservation for some category of candidates; the seat reservation for each category is as follows;
|Category of the candidate||Reservation of seats|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||25%|
|Backward Area/ Border Area (1% each)||2%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)/ Orthopedically handicapped only||3%|
|Ward of Defence Personnel||1%|
|Children/ Grandson of Freedom Fighter||1%|
PMET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card will be made available May 2018 probably. All candidates are requested to bring their admit card, at the time of exam which contains many important information such as Exam Centre, Exam Time, Exam Date, Registration Number, Candidate Name and etc. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website by providing user information. In case of loss of admit card, candidate will not be allowed to enter into exam hall. Admit card will not be available through any other modes.
PMET 2018 Result
The result of PMET 2018 will be published during the month of May 2018. Candidates can check their result through online mode from the official web portal, by providing required information. The selected candidate will be called for counselling process. Based on the performance of the candidate, a separate merit list will be prepared by the university which contains the name of selected candidates.
PMET 2018 Counselling Process
The counselling process will start in the month of June through online mode. Qualified candidates will be called for counselling process by the conducting authority. The time and venue for counselling will be notified in the official web site. The selection will be based on the rank secured by the candidate in the PMET 2018 Entrance Examination. In order to appear for counselling process, candidates must have to remit the counselling fee prescribed by the conducting authority. During the process, candidates need to fill their college and course choices. All the candidates should have to bring their original educational certificates for verification process at the time of counselling.