TNEA 2018: Application Form, Syllabus, Important Dates, Counselling
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) are conducted by the University of Anna, Chennai. The university selects the best candidates for admission to various colleges under Tamil Nadu, based on their performance in intermediate level i.e, 10+2 levels of education and there is no entrance test is conducted separately for admission. Earlier, an entrance examination was conducted by the University of Anna for TNEA. But for the last few years, no entrance examination is organized by the university itself. In order to apply for TNEA, candidates must be a resident of Tamil Nadu State. Anna University selects candidates purely based on his/hers performance in TNEA 2018. The main centre of the university is located at Chennai.
The TNEA Entrance Examination is conducted in every year by Anna University. Here provides complete details about TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Notification
There are various courses comes under Anna university. The upcoming notification will be available throughout. The notification for all the exams will be published in the official portal of Anna University. Candidates can continuously monitor the upcoming notifications from the site.
TNEA 2018 Organizing Authority
The TNEA Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by Anna University, whose main centre is located in Chennai. TNEA provides various Streams under Engineering. The Entrance Exam date and rules are decided and maintained by Anna University in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal www.annuniv.edu.
Here provides the tentative dates of TNEA 2018 Entrance Examination. The dates may get changed according to the final decision of the organizing committee.
|Important events||Dates (Tentative)|
|TNEA 2018 official notification will release on||April 2018|
|Online application form will be available from||May 2018, 1st week|
|Final date for submitting he application form through online mode||May 2018, 4th week|
|Release of TNEA 2018 rank list||June 2018, 3rd week|
|TNEA counselling process will be start from||June 2018, 4th week|
|Single Window Counselling Process||June to July , 2018|
A candidate can check for their basic eligibility criteria before applying for engineering courses under Anna University. The basic eligibility criteria for TNEA as follows;
- Candidate should posses their plus two or equivalent from any of the recognized state board with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as main subjects along with minimum aggregate of mark.
- The minimum marks required in order to apply for TNEA 2018 is;
- 50% for General (GEN) Category
- 45% for Other Backward Category (OBC) including Backward class Muslim
- 40% for Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ SCA/ MBC/ DNC Category.
- Final year appearing candidates can also apply for TNEA 2018.
- Candidates who has been completed their plus two from any other state board are also eligible to apply with a valid domicile certificate issued by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Children of Central Government employees can also apply for TNEA 2018 and they must be in the state for last five years. It’s also necessary to submit a certificate in the above specified regard.
- Candidates whose parents are in All India Cadre can also apply for TNEA 2018.
The age limit of TNEA 2018 is as follows;
- The minimum age should not be less than 18 years.
- The maximum limit for age is 25 years.
There will be relaxation in age for reserved category (Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Person with Disability (PwD)) as per rules specified by the conducting authority.
TNEA Application Form 2018
Application form is the gateway to appear for TNEA 2018. For each course Anna University provides application forms. All the application form will be available in the web portal of conducting authority. The application submission can be done via both online and offline mode.
- For online mode:
- Candidates can login to controller’s official web portal form to get access to application form by clicking on the “online registration” link.
- Candidates must have to provide a valid login id, password with One Time Password (OTP) verification.
- After successful registration, candidate can login to their account with user name and password.
- Fill up the application form with all the necessary information such as personal details, educational details and etc of the candidate.
- Candidate may also need to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photo along with signature if mandatory (size will be specified by the authority).
- After form fill up, the next step is to make payment. The Application Fee will change according to the category of the candidate.
- The fee can be paid by any of the available form such as online or offline mode.
- For offline mode:
- Application form can be obtained from the various centres of Anna University by paying the application fee.
- Fill up the application, with all the necessary information.
- Ensure that all the given information is true to knowledge.
- After completing all the process, the application form along with all the necessary documents must be sent to the following address:
The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, Anna University Chennai – 600025
- The last date for submitting application form is 4th week of May 2018.
TNEA 2018 Application Fee
The application fee varies depending on the course for which candidate is trying to seek admission. The application fee can be paid via either online or offline mode. The application fee is as follows:
- For Online mode, the application fee is;
|Category of the candidate||Application fee|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.250/-|
The fee can be paid via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For offline mode, the application fee is:
|Category of the candidate||Application fee|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.450/-|
The Offline fee can be remitted via
- Bank Challan provided in the web site
- Demand Draft (DD)
TNEA 2018 Merit List
The merit list of TNEA 2018 will be published during the 3rd week of June 2018. Depending on the no of candidates applied for the TNEA 2018, the authority will generate a merit list based on the performance of the candidate at their 10+2 Levels. There is no separate entrance test is carried out by the authority for providing admission. The merit list will be published in the official web portal of Anna University and also in the respective college notice board. The Merit list will also depend on the no of candidates applied for TNEA and availability of seats for various engineering streams.
TNEA 2018 Counselling
The short listed candidates list will be published in controller’s website or in the notice board of respective institution. The shortlisted candidate must have to appear in the corresponding college for counselling process; otherwise the candidate will be removed from the list and will not get further chance for admission. The counselling processes are carried out during the 4th week of June 2018. The allocation of seat for candidates will be based on the mark of the candidate in the qualifying examination, rank in the merit list and also availability of seat. All candidates should have to carry all the original documents at the time of counselling process for verification by the conducting authority.