Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination For Design (UCEED) is organized by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the guidance of the UCEED Admissions committee. Candidates seeking for admission in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) have to appear for UCEED 2018 examination. Here in this article you can read more about the examination before you are getting ready. Details regarding the application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, result declaration, counselling process etc are available here.
UCEED 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should check their eligibility criteria before registering for the exam.
- Both Indian and Foreign candidates are eligible to register the exam.
- Candidates belonging to OPEN/ OBC-NCL category should have been born on or after 1st October, 1998 and those who belongs to SC/ST/PwD category should have been born on or after 1st October, 1993.
- Candidates can take only 2 attempts for UCEED exam.
- Candidate must have passed 12th examination in 2017 (any stream).
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
UCEED 2018 Exam Dates
Applying candidates must note the tentative dates regarding the entrance exam.
|Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Commencement of online application||3rd week of October 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form without late fee||2nd week of November 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee||2nd week of November 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of December 2017|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||2nd week of January 2018|
|UCEED 2018 Exam Date||4th week of January 2018|
|Answer Key release||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date for sending Comments about Answer Key||4th week of January 2018|
|UCEED 2018 Result date||3rd week of February 2018|
|Score Card downloading commence||4th week of February 2018|
|Application for B.Des programme||2nd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 1||1st week of July 2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 2||2nd week of July 2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 3||3rd week of July 2018|
Note: The exam board has the right to make any changes in the dates published. Any changes in the dates will be informed to the candidates through the official website.
UCEED Application Form 2018
Applicants are advised to go through the details regarding the registration of UCEED Application Form. Following steps are needed for the successful submission of the application.
- UCEED application form 2018 can be filled only through online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form in the official website from the third week of October 2017.
- Applicants are suggested to submit the form within second week of November 2017 without late fee.
- The application form has to be filled correctly. Any mistakes or incompleteness will leads to rejection of application.
Applicants should submit the application form only after the payment of required fees. In case of OPEN/ OBC-NCL category, males and third genders have to pay an amount of Rs.2000/- and females have to pay an amt of Rs.1000/- as registration fee. In case of SC/ ST/ PwD category, males, females and third genders have to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- as registration fee.
UCEED 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will be helpful for the candidates to make a good schedule for preparation before the exam.
- UCEED exam will be an online test which consists of 80 questions of maximum 300 marks.
- Duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be three sections namely A, B and C. Section A consists of 20 questions of Numerical Answer Type, Section B consists of 20 Multiple Select Questions and section C consists of 40 Multiple Choice Questions.
- For Each correct answer, section A carries 4 marks, section B carries 4 marks and section C carries 3 marks.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in section C only.
UCEED 2018 Syllabus
UCEED syllabus covers the topics given below:
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Environmental and social awareness
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
Candidates are also advised to go through the previous year question papers and model papers for further questions. Mock tests are also available.
UCEED Admit Card 2018
Candidates will be able to download the UCEED 2018 admit card from the last week of December 2017 through the official website. Admit card contain details like Name, Roll Number, photograph, signature, examination schedule & examination centre details. Applicants have to produce the admit card at the examination centre. In case any of failure takes place candidates will not be permitted to enter into the exam hall. Also candidates must note the time and venue of the examination carefully. Late comers are not allowed for the examination.
UCEED 2018 Result
UCEED 2018 result will be published in the third week of February 2018. Candidates can check their result through the official website by entering user login and password. All the qualified candidates have to download their score card in the last week of February 2018. Rank list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored. Applicants are advised to take a printout of the result and keep the same for further use.
UCEED 2018 Admission Process
Candidates who have qualified the UCEED examination wants to take admission in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, or IIITDM Jabalpur. Candidates are required to fill the common application form for admission to the B.Des programme. The application form will be available for the candidates in the IIT Bombay admission portal. Seats will be allotted based on the rank list and choice of institutes. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of admit card, result and further necessary documents showing their educational qualifications and identification in original at the time of admission. Following are the necessary documents required at the time of selection process for document verification.
Documents required at the time of selection process:
- 10th class, 12th class Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate.
- UCEED 2018 Admit Card & Rank Card.
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- ID Proof.
- Passport size photograph (same as in application form).