UPESEAT 2018: Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Exam Date
UPESEAT 2018: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts a university level entrance examination in every year, in order to select the best candidates from India for admission to their various B- Tech programmes. The entrance examination is commonly known as University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT). There are 37 various streams are provided under Bachelor of Technology programme. UPES selects the candidates based on their performance on any of the following national level examination such as JEE Main or Board Merit or UPESEAT. 80% of the seats are allocated for UPESEAT rank holders, while 10% of seats are allocated for each JEE main and Merit Board rank holders.
UPESEAT Notifications 2018
The upcoming notifications of UPESEAT 2018 Entrance Examination will be available throughout. The notification for all the exams will be published in the official portal of UPES. Candidates can continuously monitor the upcoming notifications from the site.
UPESEAT Organizing Authority 2018
The UPESEAT 2018 Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by UPES. The Entrance Exam date and rules are decided and maintained by UPES in every year and notifications are made available in their respective official web portal.
UPESEAT Important Dates 2018
Here provides the tentative dates of UPESEAT 2018 Entrance Examination. The dates may get changed according to the final decision of the organizing committee.
|Online application form will be made available from||December 2018, 4th week|
|Deadline for submission of application||May 2018, 1st week|
|Availability of admit card||May 2018, 2nd week|
|UPESEAT Exam Date 2018||May 2018, 2nd week|
|Declaration of UPESEAT Result 2018||June 2018, 1st week|
|Counseling process for JEE rank holders starts from||June 2018, 2nd week|
|Counseling for Board Rank Holders||June 2018, 2nd week|
|UPESEAT rank holders 2018 Counseling process will be from||June 2018, 3rd week|
UPESEAT 2018 Application Form
Application form is the gateway to appear for UPESEAT 2018. The application submission can be done via both online and offline mode during the last week of December 2017.
- For online mode:
- Candidates can login to controller’s official web portal form to get access to application form.
- While filling up all the necessary information such as personal and educational details, candidate may also need to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photo along with signature (if mandatory).
- After form fill up, the next step is to make payment. Candidates can use any of the available online modes of transaction.
- Finally submit the application form.
- For offline mode:
- Candidate will get the offline application form from any of the counters arranged by the authority after paying the application fee through any of the offline modes.
- The admission counters are Delhi, Dehradun, Ahmadabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
- Fill up the application, with all the necessary information including photographs and Ensure that all the given information are true.
- After completing all the process, send the application form along with all the necessary documents and fee paid receipt to the official address.
- Candidates are always advised to take a hard copy of the submitted application form along with fee receipt for further reference, if necessary.
The application fee for all category of candidates applying for UPESEAT 2018 entrance examination is Rs.1850/-. Candidate can also prefer pay by cash mode, In case of cash the application fee is Rs.1750/-.
The application fee can be paid via in any of the available mode such as online or offline mode.
- The fee can be paid online via any of these modes;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For offline mode, candidate can prefer;
- Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “UPES fee Account”, payable at New Delhi.
- By cash
UPESEAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate can check for their basic eligibility criteria before applying for disciplines under UPESEAT 2018. The UPESEAT is known as Examination pathway, while rest of the two are commonly known as non-examination pathway. The basic eligibility criteria for various courses are as follows.
|Qualifying Exam||Eligibility Criteria|
|JEE Main Merit||
In order to appear for UPESEAT 2018, all candidates must be born on or after 1st week of October 2018.
UPESEAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The UPESEAT 2018 entrance examination pattern is as follows; it provides an overall idea about the gateway examination.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted as offline mode, which is based on Pen& paper i.e, Pen and Paper based test (PPBT).
- Medium of language: All the questions will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be of Objective type multiple choice questions.
- No of Questions: There will be 200 questions in total from various subjects.
- Duration of Exam: Maximum time of examination is Three hours i.e, 180 minutes in total.
- Marking Scheme: +1 Mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking in UPESEAT 2018 examination.
- Maximum Marks: The maximum that can be attained by a candidate in UPESEAT 2018 is 200 marks.
UPESEAT Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of UPESEAT 2018 will be published in the official web portal during the arrival of exam notification. A candidate can prepare well for their UPESEAT, based on the syllabus. For all streams of under graduate (UG) B- Tech course, the syllabus will be based on NCERT Twelfth levels subjects such as;
- Physics (50 Ques.)
- Chemistry (50 Ques.)
- Mathematics (50 Ques.)
- English Comprehension (30 Ques.) and
- Current Affairs Awareness (20 Ques.)
The syllabus may also change according to exam conducting board.
UPESEAT Admit Card 2018
Admit card will be available during the 2nd week of May 2018 through online mode only. Candidates can get access to their admit card which will contain many essential information such as Exam date, Exam Time, Exam centre, Register number of the candidate and etc from the official website or web portal of UPES. Download the application form as it becomes available and affix a passport size photo on it. All the candidates are requested to bring their admit card with them for the exam. Candidates are not allowed to enter into exam hall without their admit card.
UPESEAT Result 2018
The result of UPESEAT 2018 will be published in tentatively during the 1st week of June 2018. The result will be available in the official web portal through online mode. Candidates can check their result, by providing necessary information such as Application number, Mobile number/DOB (as specified by the authority). The candidates who scores greater than the cut-off mark are selected as qualifying student. Those candidates are appeared in the merit list and later on called for Counseling process conducted by institutions.
UPESEAT Cut-Off Marks 2018
The cut-off marks are decided by the organizing committee while declaring the Entrance Exam result. The cut-off marks will be different based on different course of B-Tech. There are many factors, which influence in the final selection of cut-off marks such as difficulty level of the exam, no of students appeared for the exam, no of seats available and etc. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by a candidate, in order to qualify in UPESEAT 2018
UPESEAT Counseling 2018
The Counseling will be conducted through 3 levels. First, the short listed candidates list of UPESEAT 2018 will be published in controller’s website. The shortlisted candidate must have to appear in the corresponding college for Counseling process during the 3rd week of June, otherwise the candidate will be removed from the list. The seat allocation will be as follows;
- JEE Main rank holders (10% of seat)
- Board Merit Holders (10% of seat)
- UPESEAT 2018 (80% of seats)
Counseling based on JEE Main and Board Merit will be carried out after the 3rd week of June 2018. Candidates should have to carry all the original documents (SSLC Mark list, Plus Two Mark list, Transfer Certificate, Passport size photographs, UPESEAT Admit card, call letter for Counseling, Demand Draft of fee, JEE Main/ Board/ UPESEAT rank list and etc) ran list at the time of Counseling process for document verification.