VEE 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Important Dates, Results
Vels Entrance Examination or VEE 2018 is a University level entrance examination, which is conducted by Vels University in order to select the best candidates for admission to their various courses such as Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Law and other courses. The VEE is conducted in every year by the Vels University itself. The Exams are normally conducted during the 2nd week of May. Only the qualified candidates can seek admission to various courses under Vels University. The cut off marks for the exam is decided by the Vels University Exam conducting authority.
VEE 2018 Notifications
The notifications of VEE 2018 are available throughout. Candidates are requested to continuously monitor the official website of VEE for to get daily updates from Vels University such as Exam dates, Syllabus, Admit card availability, Result Declaration and other important notifications.
VEE 2018 Conducting Authority
Vels University organizes the Vels Entrance Examination (VEE) in every year. The updates, rules and regulations are formulated by the University itself. All the updates will be available in the official website of Vels University.
VEE 2018 Important Dates
The Tentative dates of all events of VEE 2018 are provided here; it may get change according to the final decision of the conducting authority of VEE 2018.
|Application form will be available from||December 2017, 4th Week|
|Last date for submitting filled application form||April 2018, 4th week|
|Admit card can be downloaded from||May 2018, 1st week|
|VEE 2018||May 2018, 2nd week|
|Declaration of final result||June 2018, 1st week|
The eligibility criteria of VEE 2018 are as follows, candidates can continuously monitor to official web portal to get regular updates. Based on the eligibility criteria candidates can check whether to apply for the exam or not.
|B-Tech||Passed or appearing candidates with a minimum of 50% marks from PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) can apply.|
|M-Tech||Candidates who posses their B-Tech or B.E are eligible to apply.|
|MCA||Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as main subject with a minimum aggregate mark.|
|M.Pharmacy and Pharm.D||Candidates should posses their B.Pharm degree from any recognized university, with minimum marks.|
|MBA||Candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s Degree i.e, 10+2+3 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.|
The age limit of VEE 2018 is decided by the conducting authority and it is as follows; it may also get change according to the final decision of committee.
- The Minimum age for candidates to apply for VEE 2018 is 17 years.
- The Maximum age for candidates applying for VEE 2018 is 25 years.
VEE 2018 Application Form
The application form for VEE 2018 will be available during December 2018. Candidates can get access to the application for either in online or offline mode. Candidates need to check their eligibility criteria before applying for VEE 2018.
- Candidates can fill and submit the application form via online from the official website of Vels University and can pay fee at the time of registration itself.
- Candidates can also get the application form for registration process of VEE 2018 via offline mode, such as;
- Download and fill the application form from the official web portal of Vels University and sent it along with the Demand Draft (DD).
- Candidates can get application form from the main office of Vels University at Chennai, by paying Rs.500/- as cash. After filling up the application form sent the application form along with a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.400/-
- Candidates will also get the application form by post, by sending a self attested stamped envelope to the conducting authority with a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.600/-. After filling up the application form sent it along with another Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.300/-
- The application fee can be paid via online or offline mode, it’s up to the candidate. The various ways for fee payment are;
- For Online mode;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- For Offline mode
- Demand Draft in favour of “Register, Vels University” payable at Chennai.
- After application fill up , candidates are need to send the filled application form along with the Demand Draft (DD) to the following address:
- For Online mode;
The Registrar Vels University Velan nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road, Pallavaram, Chennai – 600 117, Tamilnadu
The application fee for Vels University Entrance Examination can be paid either via online or offline mode and the application fee for all category of candidates are Rs.900/-. The application fees are non refundable.
VEE Syllabus 2018
The questions of VEE may differ based on the type of the exam for which the candidate is applying for.
- In case of Engineering section, the questions will be mainly asked from;
- Fundamentals of Computer
- General Knowledge
- In case of MBA exam, the questions will be from;
- Mathematical Skill
- Analytical Skill
- Language Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Global Environment
All the candidates are advised to prepare for the exam based on the syllabus, published by Vels University. So that good scores can be achieved in VEE 2018.
VEE 2018 Examination Pattern
The exam pattern of VEE is as follows; it may get change according to the conducting authority. So candidates are requested to continuously monitor the official website.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be multiple choice Objective Type questions.
- Medium of Language: The question paper will be in English language, which is accepted as Universal Language.
- Total no of Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions for VEE exam conducted by Vels University.
- Duration of Exam: The total duration of the exam is 1 1/2 hours i.e, 90 minutes in total.
- Areas of Questions: The questions are generally asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Fundamentals, Computing and General Knowledge.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark is given for each correct answer, chosen by the candidates.
VEE 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card will be made available from first week of May probably. All candidates are requested to bring their admit card, at the time of exam which contains many important information such as Exam Centre, Exam Time, Register Number, Candidate Name and etc. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website by providing user information. In case of loss of admit card, candidate will not be allowed to enter into the examination hall.
VEE 2018 Result
The VEE 2018 examination result will be published during first week of June 2018, candidates can access their result from the official website of Vels University by entering essential details. After the announcement result, a separate merit list will be prepared by the authority for the admission procedures.
VEE 2018 Counselling
After the Result announcement, candidates with scores above than the cut off mark will be called for counselling process i.e, based on the merit list. In case of MBA candidates apart from the entrance examination, there will Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Candidates are selected for MBA course, based on the overall performance in all sessions. Once the counselling process gets over, selected candidates are advised to bring their all original documents and certificates along with them to the allotted centre.